Author Topic: A little update  (Read 1211 times)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: A little update
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 08:23:00 pm »
Back home now in surprising evening sunshine with the washing machine working hard. Its all over once again as we look forward (God willing) to our return to Alykanas in late August for another 2 weeks.

You've unpacked already? Impressed, normally takes a day or two in our house to face it :).

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 08:25:51 am »
Ah well final full day for us today and as usual reflecting back these last 2 weeks have flown by. What I must say is its made me feel so positive about what I have to face in the future and weve had a great time in wall to wall hot sunshine. Weve spent time and talked and ate with friends both on holiday and ex-pat, we had a great bonus meal last night. Our accommodation owners are brilliant hosts, Nickos regularly fishes dropping his nets almost daily from his boat before returning in the very early morning to retrieve them and land his catch. We were invited to eat with them last evening where we were fed the most amazing calamari stew accompanied with homemade Greek style heavy bread and Greek salad. I have never had calamari cooked so tender and the bread dipped in the sauce swimming in tomato and olive oil was just so tasty all washed down with Nickoss home brewed wine. Yesterday we spent the morning across at the Achilion in Amoudi with ex-pat friends and had lunch with them before they left for work around 2-30p.m. The souzoukakia across there is gorgeous as is their special salad, later we spent the rest of the afternoon at the Zante Nest Pool. The pools here are now just so warm and being one of the deepest and largest pools here the water temperature was just a degree or two cooler. Today were meeting with local friends for lunch and a swim probably across in Alykes somewhere playing with their children in the sea which is beautiful at the moment and the only place for a cool down in heat of the afternoon. The children have now this week started their long Summer school holidays which last through until September. We had an early ish night last night and the wife is still sleeping, she would make an Olympic sleeping team with ease if there was such a thing l.o.l. Im sat on the balcony typing this enjoying the cool morning air and the views of the mountains and sounds of the birdsong here, it really is a magical place and we just love it, YAMMAS  :o 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Sounds like you had a wonderful relaxing time sounds hot hot hot  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 08:36:13 am »
Back home now in surprising evening sunshine with the washing machine working hard. Its all over once again as we look forward (God willing) to our return to Alykanas in late August for another 2 weeks.

Did you have a good flight back?
Fingers crossed you return in August  :) :)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 04:05:00 pm »
I know our return flight back on Wednesday is the last international departure of the morning batch of flights before a few hours break in the afternoon. We simply get to the airport about an hour before our departure time when the main hall is virtually empty. Nearly all the other passengers on our flight have queued and passed on through security by then and there was nobody at all waiting at the Easyjet bag drop desk. Straight up the stairs then and then straight through into into the departure hall which was busy with passengers waiting to board their respective flights before us but no queueing at all for us. Flight home to Bristol was almost spot on time but we had to wait a long time for our cases as apparently the conveyor taking cases off the plane had broken down apart from that all good.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2019, 09:22:29 am »
I know our return flight back on Wednesday is the last international departure of the morning batch of flights before a few hours break in the afternoon. We simply get to the airport about an hour before our departure time when the main hall is virtually empty. Nearly all the other passengers on our flight have queued and passed on through security by then and there was nobody at all waiting at the Easyjet bag drop desk. Straight up the stairs then and then straight through into into the departure hall which was busy with passengers waiting to board their respective flights before us but no queueing at all for us. Flight home to Bristol was almost spot on time but we had to wait a long time for our cases as apparently the conveyor taking cases off the plane had broken down apart from that all good.

That sounds good ... The conveyor belt sounds like it breaks a lot  :laugh: