Author Topic: A little update  (Read 342 times)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
A little update
« on: June 14, 2019, 05:37:06 am »
Well we’re into our second week now and after arriving for a long weekend with us our daughter and family have returned home. Originally they were going home on Monday past, our son-in-law had to fly back on Monday for business commitments but our daughter and two grandchildren stayed on for a few extra days. Not done a great deal, had a little drive out locally here and there and also took the children down to Tsilivi water park for a change as they are more than familiar with the one in Sarakinado. As well as spending time around our accommodation’s poolside we’ve hit our usual favourite spots like the Mill bar, Zante nest, and Miri’s Bliss pool bar. Unusually enough we’ve not spent a day on a beach as yet but now we’re on our own we’ll put that right over the coming days. Living so close to many glorious beaches back home we sort of take the beach for granted, the only difference really is the coffee coloured waters of the Bristol Channel  compared to the crystal clear waters of Zante l.o.l.. We have’nt even done a food shop yet for fresh fruit and a few nibbles for the fridge and I think we’ll do that later as we’ve no grandchildren to keep up with now l.o.l. We’ve eaten a few times in the Cosy Corner which never ever disappoints, Vrisaki was delicious as usual and the Greek salads and huge pizza’s at our poolside bar have been doing the job. The full English breakfast we had in the Roadhouse the other morning was outstanding and the grandchildren devoured their Strawberry and Nutella pancakes. The RIU MAT a place I rarely use was great for cheap eats and the lamb chops served here are excellent value for money which our son-in-law always has. Our friends from Barnsley arrived yesterday and we had a few drinks at the Mill bar poolside in glorious very hot sunshine once again. On returning back up to the Pahnis we had a few more drinks and a very nice vegetarian pizza, back up to the room we both fell asleep being woken only by a phone message off our friends saying they were in for the night after travelling via their early morning flight. I have’nt decided what to do today and as stated it may be a beach day across in Alykes, YAMMAS for now 😎😎😎😎.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 06:24:23 am by tony welsh »

scrivo

• Offline Offline
Re: A little update
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 07:12:21 pm »
Hi Tony great little update what is the exchange rate in the resorts cheers scrivo  8) 8)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 07:46:24 pm »
Hi Tony great little update what is the exchange rate in the resorts cheers scrivo  8) 8)

€1.07 generally scrivo, getting €1.13 using Nationwide Select CC at supermarkets though, no fees.

Currently listening to horrible cheesy music drifting up from a wedding reception at Shoestring (currently Dancing Queen). The lads gave me a staff T-shirt a couple of days back and said I should go down for a beer in the "staff" area once the speeches were done (Take a Chance on Me now) but I'll give it a miss. At least better than "first dance" which was some Ed Sheerin drivel; I'm such a grouch ;D.

Glad you're having a good time Tony, hopefully see you Wednesday (unless you see me first ;)).

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 09:42:18 pm »

€1.07 generally scrivo, getting €1.13 using Nationwide Select CC at supermarkets though, no fees.

Currently listening to horrible cheesy music drifting up from a wedding reception at Shoestring (currently Dancing Queen). The lads gave me a staff T-shirt a couple of days back and said I should go down for a beer in the "staff" area once the speeches were done (Take a Chance on Me now) but I'll give it a miss. At least better than "first dance" which was some Ed Sheerin drivel; I'm such a grouch ;D.

Glad you're having a good time Tony, hopefully see you Wednesday (unless you see me first ;)).

youve been there so long Mike you're park of the gang at shoestrings  :laugh:

I'm not fussed on ed Sheeran either to be fair .., I listen to smooth lol  :laugh:
Hope you had a nice time with your son.
Do you think I'll need air con in July? I hate aircon because I get a bad chest but if it's too hot I won't cope ..... Plus I use straighteners and hairdryer  :)

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 08:21:02 am »
Glad you are  having really a good time Tony, thanks for the update. Really jealous of you guys out there enjoying the great weather, food, scenery etc. Having a quick look  in on the Valais webcam everytime I put the PC on and it's really annoying at seeing everything looking so good cos it's really garbage been stuck back here in this damned RAIN. You have definitely picked the right time to be away from the UK.

Enjoy yourselves and make the most of it. I still have a long time to wait for my next visit at the end of the season, but counting down slowly, very slowly ::)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 08:22:40 am by Al »
LIFE is what is happening when you are too busy looking at your phone!

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 08:40:50 am »

Yes Mike, got to agree not that good. I find IMO with "Dance" in the song this one by Mark Wills is much better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1G7HGPOmvA
LIFE is what is happening when you are too busy looking at your phone!

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 05:25:01 pm »
Sounds like you are enjoying yourselves. Weddings ? Well not everyone's cup of tea. We've one to attend August Bank holiday and TBH I'm hoping I have a mild lurgy, any excuse not to be with loads of people I haven't a clue who they are and will never see again. Think I would just about manage it if I were in Greece though. We were asked by the loving couple what music would get us up on the dance floor. I opted for 10CC "I'm not in love" whilst other half suggested D.I.V.O.R.C.E by Tammy Wynett  ;D ;D ;D

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 03:11:08 pm »
Sounds like you are enjoying yourselves. Weddings ? Well not everyone's cup of tea. We've one to attend August Bank holiday and TBH I'm hoping I have a mild lurgy, any excuse not to be with loads of people I haven't a clue who they are and will never see again. Think I would just about manage it if I were in Greece though. We were asked by the loving couple what music would get us up on the dance floor. I opted for 10CC "I'm not in love" whilst other half suggested D.I.V.O.R.C.E by Tammy Wynett  ;D ;D ;D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 06:50:42 pm »

We were in town today and my lad heard a lady mention to her companion on hearing a song how much it meant to her as it was the first one her and hubby had ever "heard" together. Hubby apparently appeared on the scene and was asked about his memories of it. Total blank ;D. No Brownie points or "privileges" for him tonight I think.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 08:33:10 pm »
Sounds like you are enjoying yourselves. Weddings ? Well not everyone's cup of tea. We've one to attend August Bank holiday and TBH I'm hoping I have a mild lurgy, any excuse not  :laugh:to be with loads of people I haven't a clue who they are and will never see again. Think I would just about manage it if I were in Greece though. We were asked by the loving couple what music would get us up on the dance floor. I opted for 10CC "I'm not in love" whilst other half suggested D.I.V.O.R.C.E by Tammy Wynett  ;D ;D ;D

We were in town today and my lad heard a lady mention to her companion on hearing a song how much it meant to her as it was the first one her and hubby had ever "heard" together. Hubby apparently appeared on the scene and was asked about his memories of it. Total blank ;D. No Brownie points or "privileges" for him tonight I think.

:laugh:

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: Today at 08:54:45 am »
Men ???  What are they like ? Men are from Mars and women from Venus, that's for sure Mike  ;D