Author Topic: Mosquitos  (Read 898 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Mosquitos
« on: June 21, 2019, 09:23:11 am »
Been reading they are very bad at the minute going for people's faces even with all the repellents a bit worried as they like me  :'(

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Re: Mosquitos
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 09:41:47 am »
Yes I saw many people with lots of bites, my wife acquired 7 bites one afternoon (they like her too) whilst sunbathing. One lady in our accommodation had a good few bites across her forehead and face. We never have had the need to apply repellent during the day but we took some out with us after this. I think I had around 2-3 bites during the daytime too but none at night as we both generously cover ourselves with a 50% Deet content repellent. We also take a rollerball repellent out with us at night should we need to top ourselves up especially around the head and back of the neck areas after sweating in the heat.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 10:38:07 am »
I got a fair few on my legs this year after several years bite free. But unlike previously they were all tiny and didn't irritate me in the slightest; if I hadn't have looked at them I wouldn't have had any indication I'd got them at all ???.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 12:00:00 pm »
Oh dear didn't know they were an issue in the daytime will go even more prepared. Didn't one of you say aircon helps keep them away?

Hear it's a big heatwave at the moment

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 02:01:43 pm »
Yes, I've heard air con keeps them away. What is the point of mosquitoes ?....other than to annoy us humans. Wish all insects were as useful as bees or as pretty as butterflies.... but mosquitoes, buzzy, ugly and nasty little blighters

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 06:41:00 pm »
Yes, I've heard air con keeps them away. What is the point of mosquitoes ?....other than to annoy us humans. Wish all insects were as useful as bees or as pretty as butterflies.... but mosquitoes, buzzy, ugly and nasty little blighters

Not to mention the fact that they kill far more people than any other living thing on the planet! About 750,000 deaths a year (the second biggest killer of people is actually people, well ahead of snakes in third and dogs in fourth). Not that I'm suggesting anyone would ever die from a Zante mozzie bite.

https://www.sciencealert.com/what-are-the-worlds-15-deadliest-animals
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 06:42:32 pm by Mike »

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 03:20:35 pm »

Not to mention the fact that they kill far more people than any other living thing on the planet! About 750,000 deaths a year (the second biggest killer of people is actually people, well ahead of snakes in third and dogs in fourth). Not that I'm suggesting anyone would ever die from a Zante mozzie bite.

https://www.sciencealert.com/what-are-the-worlds-15-deadliest-animals

Hate mosquitos they really hurt those bites  :'(

And .... Swimming pools if not treated properly people can be subject to a lot of germs and end up really sick .........  Best be careful on holiday  :'(