Author Topic: The new bakery is now open for business.  (Read 827 times)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
The new bakery is now open for business.
« on: July 03, 2019, 06:43:54 pm »
The bakery on the main village road that has been closed for the site to be re-developed has now opened for business and it looks great in the pictures posted on other social media sites. It now has a terrace outside serving coffee and ice creams as well as a much greater range of baked products. Itís sure to be very popular in no time and can be found set back off the road a little and adjacent to Bekeriís Grill house, this is on the main village road on the left going towards Alykes

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: The new bakery is now open for business.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 09:02:36 pm »
Could not visualize  where this was at first ( probably an age thing) so went onto google maps and put the little man down and had a wander down the street. Now it all makes sense , just along from the Letsos supermarket on the other side of the road. Will have to have a closer look towards the end of the season.
Don't give up on your dreams.........Go back to sleep.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 09:29:19 pm »
When we were younger we would stay out well into the next morning and weíde go into the old bakery for hot cheese pies and vanilla bougatsas around 4 a.m. straight from the oven and eat them back in either the D.N.A. BAR or CUBA BAR. Back in those days we would sometimes walk back to our accommodation well after sunrise, not a chance thesedays l.o.l.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 10:47:56 pm »
It was a "work in progress" when we were out so pleased to hear it's back up and running, their chocolate croissants used to be a favourite of mine (though I can't claim to ever having had one on my way to bed :o). First couple of years we went out a son of the family was running it and he was a big Arsenal fan, so the next time we went we took a flag out for him but he'd gone to Athens to work and his dad was back in charge so we were stuck with it; a lot of years ago that so no idea who has the reins now, good luck to them though!

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 07:07:14 am »
Iím pretty sure the site has changed hands now Mike as the old baker running the old existing bakery that was there was getting on a bit. Iíll find out for sure next month when back over.