Author Topic: Mosquitos  (Read 2000 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Mosquitos
« on: July 13, 2019, 01:45:06 pm »
They usually love me but for the first time no bites yet....

My partner has been on the nights he didn't bother using my toiletries  :laugh:

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Mosquitos
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 09:44:04 pm »
They usually love me but for the first time no bites yet....

My partner has been on the nights he didn't bother using my toiletries  :laugh:

Mozzies are so fickle in their taste; one year you're a gourmet feast and the next you're the leftovers anyone tardy in the AI queue is offered ;D.

Enjoy being the second!

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 09:40:15 am »
I am washing with lemon shower gel using aftersun with  mozzie repellent and spraying jungle formula
Fingers crossed can avoid. Have even sat in dolphin bar  8)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 01:50:38 pm »
Been bitten on leg sure in daytime though so sore  :'(

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 06:47:57 pm »
I am washing with lemon shower gel using aftersun with  mozzie repellent and spraying jungle formula
Fingers crossed can avoid. Have even sat in dolphin bar  8)

OK ....so gotta ask. Why sit in dolphin bar?  Has it got shields or something ???
Don't give up on your dreams.........Go back to sleep.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 08:58:07 am »
Ni I mean it's bad for mossies all that greenery and surprised I didn't get bitten there  :-\

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 03:41:54 pm »
One bite in two weeks very chuffed with that  :)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 11:15:17 pm »
We’ve just returned from a trip to Paphos in Cyprus and travelled out armed to the teeth with anti “mossie” products as we do to Alykanas. I always look at other people’s lower legs a favourite and regular place that the little buggers frequent that usually indicates how many people are getting bit. I only saw a few people with the tell tale signs of their presence and decided to save our products for Alykanas next month. The wife used them for the first few days but soon realised that after my nagging to save them did so. We didn’t get any bites at all, a real bonus for peak Season in the “Med”.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 06:30:42 am »
We’ve just returned from a trip to Paphos in Cyprus and travelled out armed to the teeth with anti “mossie” products as we do to Alykanas. I always look at other people’s lower legs a favourite and regular place that the little buggers frequent that usually indicates how many people are getting bit. I only saw a few people with the tell tale signs of their presence and decided to save our products for Alykanas next month. The wife used them for the first few days but soon realised that after my nagging to save them did so. We didn’t get any bites at all, a real bonus for peak Season in the “Med”.

Wow that's good. My partner had nasty bites around his ankles but often couldn't be bothered to use my stuff. He's quite oedematous due to high blood pressure around his ankles so don't know if that made it worse. I usually get eaten alive and to be fair there had been reports of how bad they were this year. He drove me mad itching all night but Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream I use for my lips helped him a lot it's like a saviour product for all sorts of ailments. I have never got away with just one bite and it wasn't even a bad one didn't really hurt. I will say my body felt quite itchy at night though in the room wondered if it was the bedding though drove me mad.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 06:39:34 am »

We want to Limassol years ago and wished we'd gone to paphos or protarus

ladyhilly

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 01:20:26 pm »
Going in a couple of days, are the mossies still a problem?