Author Topic: Back after a fab two weeks in alykes  (Read 513 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Back after a fab two weeks in alykes
« on: July 22, 2019, 04:03:43 pm »
Back home yesterday had a fab two weeks in alykes. Mike - I got Mantela in alykanas mixed up with maestro in alykes if you remember a previous chat.
Apartments were fine they provided a service of breakfast lunch and evening meals and to be fair the owner does encourage people to eat there we ate there for lunch quite a few times and had evening meal about 4 times. To be fair the food was very nice. The owner chatted to me one night and said he only gets 20 euros per room per night and relies on people eating and drinking there. He said most people, there had got cheap deals. He was never rude to us but I think we spent more than enough here however a lot of people never left the place at all each to their own. There was a new block and an old block we unfortunately got the old one. But it was clean enough and ok. Was a little jealous though.
Resort I thought was busy went to the usual places alykes- sugarbush, garden bar, iris bar, see breeze, Yria and watched cricket in the new handsome bar. Love the buca beach bar on the beach. Went to palm tree, Paparo, Porto paradiso for lunches all fab. Nice meals all over one of our faves al fresco also went to el Greco, relax, Denis diner, Zorbas, fidelios, to name a few. One night we walked up to virago had meal in Apollo and then went for drinks at dolphin bat which was great but empty. Tried the SB bar aswell.
Went to alykanas a few nights - Zeus catacoombes, bonkers, satisfaction , dilema and had meals at levantes , vrisaki . Horse and coach at times was 20 euros which I thought was a little excessive but teach me for being lazy it was only 20 minute walk.
Found there were more stray cats around than ever which is a shame.
Beer around 3.50 wine around 2.50 cocktails 5-8 euro
Not as many free shots and freebies as there used to be but I guess that's a sign of the time.
I only had a couple of starters and managed meals better not having them.
All in all a fab holiday want to get back now   :'(

scrivo

• Offline Offline
Re: Back after a fab two weeks in alykes
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 08:39:09 pm »
Glad you enjoyed it mari thanks for the review cannot wait for our trip in September, horse ride only used to be 10 euros between the two resorts so do agree 20 is a bit steep  8)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 11:04:47 pm »
Nice little write up and good to see you got to many places in the area. Across in Alykanas it’s “SAKISFACTION BAR” ( after SAKIS that runs it) not satisfaction but it may have been predictive text on your device that won the day l.o.l.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 06:35:04 am »
Nice little write up and good to see you got to many places in the area. Across in Alykanas it’s “SAKISFACTION BAR” ( after SAKIS that runs it) not satisfaction but it may have been predictive text on your device that won the day l.o.l.

Yeah my error I do know that really it's really hard writing on the iPad not like typing on a PC. I even forgot to mention visiting the chindian downstairs which I know is a bit naughty in Greece but it was cold and wet and just fancied a Chinese. I spent a lot of time in alykanas as don't mind the walk we went to the mill bar aswell which was nice. Alykes/alykanas definitely changing though I guess in line with tourism.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 06:42:10 am »
Glad you enjoyed it mari thanks for the review cannot wait for our trip in September, horse ride only used to be 10 euros between the two resorts so do agree 20 is a bit steep  8)

Yes we thought so most were ten to be honest but what can you do wished we have walked to be honest. I missed alykanas when in alykes and when I'm in alykanas I miss alykes lol may be best staying in the middle. Plenty of places to eat and drink though  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 06:48:06 am »
Did visit the bridge cafe aswell which was in a nice setting  :)

scrivo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 06:26:26 pm »

Yes we thought so most were ten to be honest but what can you do wished we have walked to be honest. I missed alykanas when in alykes and when I'm in alykanas I miss alykes lol may be best staying in the middle. Plenty of places to eat and drink though  :)
[/quote]

Yes mari got to say spoilt for choice in both resorts we are staying in alykes but will be making a few visits over to alykanas  8)