Author Topic: Cost of meals  (Read 1531 times)

ladyhilly

• Offline Offline
Cost of meals
« on: July 26, 2019, 11:53:33 pm »
Is it expensive to eat out in Alykanas, havenít been there for 2 years!  But I do love it there! X

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
Re: Cost of meals
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 09:58:16 am »
Can't speak for Alykanas but year on year in Alykes there's hardly any increase. Maybe 50 cents one year then nothing the next. So you shouldn't see much of a change  :)

Cheers.         Tom and Rose

ladyhilly

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 12:15:04 pm »
Thank you for that, going at the ends August am on countdown!

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 01:23:56 pm »
Is it expensive to eat out in Alykanas, havenít been there for 2 years!  But I do love it there! X

We cut down on starters as was struggling with mains but to have two mains half a carafe of wine and a beer was averaging about 32 euros. Beers around 3.50 wine around 4.00 for half a carafe. So jealous you going miss it already  :)
Where are you staying? We stayed alykes this time but hard to choose between the two

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 01:24:53 pm »
Can't speak for Alykanas but year on year in Alykes there's hardly any increase. Maybe 50 cents one year then nothing the next. So you shouldn't see much of a change  :)

I thought cocktails and some spirits like pink gin were quite pricey in places but things like beer and wine cheap as chips  :)

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 03:42:14 pm »

I thought cocktails and some spirits like pink gin were quite pricey in places but things like beer and wine cheap as chips  :)

Was only referring to food but as you say the cost of some alcoholic beverages has gone up a bit more  :(
Will report on our experiences when we get there in 71 days. Not that we're counting down that is  8)

Cheers.         Tom and

ladyhilly

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 09:34:48 pm »
Staying at Elpida as usual, but my need extra euros, rate of exchange not good.  Thanks for info everyone.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 03:10:33 pm »
Staying at Elpida as usual, but my need extra euros, rate of exchange not good.  Thanks for info everyone.

Yeah we spent more than usual to be fair best to take xtra  :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2019, 05:14:39 pm »

The rate of exchange won't change the amount of Äuros you spend, it's extra £££ you'll need ;).

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 08:25:52 am »
We won't be surprised if cost of meals and drinks have increased slightly . We tend to remind whoever is serving us "No bread, thank you" as we have found having bread too is so filling and I like to have a dessert sometimes so we often do not bother with starters. But to be honest as we are on holiday we are not too bothered about the cost as long as we have something delicious to eat. :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 12:24:59 pm »
Yes I agree with what you are saying about the bread most places tend to ask you these days but it does fill you up too much.
A lot of places don't give you free nuts/crisps anymore when you buy a drink but we aren't that bothered ruins your appetite.
Although did get monkey nuts at jungle bar which were a little messy  :laugh: