Author Topic: Nice surprise.  (Read 2158 times)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Nice surprise.
« on: August 08, 2019, 12:27:42 am »
Just getting ready for a surprise long weekend. My daughter has booked a 5 day trip without telling me and my wife was in on it too, buggers. Originally it was to celebrate our son-in-laws birthday but unfortunately his mother has been taken seriously ill. He is now not going but insists that we go ahead with the grandchildren who also had this surprise. They told me yesterday because of the circumstances so we’re off across to Bristol soon for our 5 a.m. flight out to Zakynthos with T. Cook. We fly back next Monday night giving us 5 full days. I’m delighted but also worried that things may well take a turn for the worse but it’s the grandchildren that count so Alykanas here we come  8) 8) 8) 8) 8).

manUdave

• Offline Offline
Re: Nice surprise.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 11:10:18 am »
Just getting ready for a surprise long weekend. My daughter has booked a 5 day trip without telling me and my wife was in on it too, buggers. Originally it was to celebrate our son-in-laws birthday but unfortunately his mother has been taken seriously ill. He is now not going but insists that we go ahead with the grandchildren who also had this surprise. They told me yesterday because of the circumstances so we’re off across to Bristol soon for our 5 a.m. flight out to Zakynthos with T. Cook. We fly back next Monday night giving us 5 full days. I’m delighted but also worried that things may well take a turn for the worse but it’s the grandchildren that count so Alykanas here we come  8) 8) 8) 8) 8).
Its a nice one & a sad one hope things go well Tony

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 11:08:07 am »
Oh wow Tony that's so nice and exciting I'm very jealous let us know where you are staying? Report back on your holiday when you're back.
Sorry to hear you're son in law can't go hope things work out ok and your health is ok.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 02:54:03 pm »
We stay at the Pahnis studios, just got back from the Zante Nest Pool Bar as yesterday’s journey has caught up with our 4 year old Grandaughter  who has whinged all afternoon with tiredness love her. She’s now asleep in her room and we’re enjoying a few cold beers at our poolside in glorious hot sunshine with the ever reliable afternoon breeze, perfect !!!!

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 03:27:08 pm »
We stay at the Pahnis studios, just got back from the Zante Nest Pool Bar as yesterday’s journey has caught up with our 4 year old Grandaughter  who has whinged all afternoon with tiredness love her. She’s now asleep in her room and we’re enjoying a few cold beers at our poolside in glorious hot sunshine with the ever reliable afternoon breeze, perfect !!!!

That sounds like heaven have a good few days and chill out  :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 03:56:22 pm »
Well deserved Tony; I spent today being dragged round IKEA so wife can completely refurb our garden cabin and face a week-end of flat-pack horror while she nips off for a few days with her mum. Fancy a swap :(?

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 02:53:40 am »
Well deserved Tony; I spent today being dragged round IKEA so wife can completely refurb our garden cabin and face a week-end of flat-pack horror while she nips off for a few days with her mum. Fancy a swap :(?
Urmmmmm, after some deep thought it’s a no thanks from me Mike l.o.l.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 11:41:55 am »
Urmmmmm, after some deep thought it’s a no thanks from me Mike l.o.l.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Suspected you might say that.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 05:01:43 pm »

Suspected you might say that.

What's a garden cabin? Is it like a summer house? Sounds nice.  :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 09:44:59 pm »

It's like a summer house mari only a bit more expensive, this is similar to the one we have but the design has changed over the years and ours has thicker walls and insulation..

https://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/log-cabins/billyoh-sportsman-log-cabin/22099

It was a lovely place when we built it, I had a desk in one corner for my laptop then a couple of comfy chairs and we had underlay and thick rugs down. Over the years it's gone from that to being a storeroom for anything and everything so we decided to claim it back! Our youngest has moved back in with us temporarily so we used his muscle to attack it full on; it's still a work in progress but we're getting there ;D.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 02:13:02 pm »

It's like a summer house mari only a bit more expensive, this is similar to the one we have but the design has changed over the years and ours has thicker walls and insulation..

https://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/log-cabins/billyoh-sportsman-log-cabin/22099

It was a lovely place when we built it, I had a desk in one corner for my laptop then a couple of comfy chairs and we had underlay and thick rugs down. Over the years it's gone from that to being a storeroom for anything and everything so we decided to claim it back! Our youngest has moved back in with us temporarily so we used his muscle to attack it full on; it's still a work in progress but we're getting there ;D.

That looks lovely and could be made very cosy too. Bet it's nice having your youngest move back home.
Good luck with the project and building the flat pack  :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2019, 03:38:21 pm »

That looks lovely and could be made very cosy too. Bet it's nice having your youngest move back home.

Apart from the food bills going through the roof! His contract was up in Bristol, which he enjoyed but all his mates are in Exeter so he chucked it in and is now looking for work and accommodation there. We're about fifteen miles out so a convenient location but hopefully he'll get himself sorted soon.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 04:51:35 am »

Apart from the food bills going through the roof! His contract was up in Bristol, which he enjoyed but all his mates are in Exeter so he chucked it in and is now looking for work and accommodation there. We're about fifteen miles out so a convenient location but hopefully he'll get himself sorted soon.

He might enjoy being at home and stay  :laugh:
cant blame him wanting to be nearer people

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 06:32:51 am »
Oh well this surprise trip has been wonderful in brilliant hot in fact oppressively hot weather has almost come to an end. We fly home tonight but still have a full day in front of us and I think we’ll spend it down in our favourite Mill Bar. Our 9 year old grandson has provisionally arranged this after meeting up with a few other boys and playing pool with them in Cuba Bar yesterday. No emotional goodbye’s to get through as we’re back in 2 weeks time, YAAAAAMAS  8) 8) 8)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2019, 03:23:29 pm »
Oh well this surprise trip has been wonderful in brilliant hot in fact oppressively hot weather has almost come to an end. We fly home tonight but still have a full day in front of us and I think we’ll spend it down in our favourite Mill Bar. Our 9 year old grandson has provisionally arranged this after meeting up with a few other boys and playing pool with them in Cuba Bar yesterday. No emotional goodbye’s to get through as we’re back in 2 weeks time, YAAAAAMAS  8) 8) 8)

I read someone on face ache wanted to come home the weather too hot for them.  Glad you've had a good time and lucky you off again in two weeks. I love the mill bar and good it's getting more popular. Ah that's cute glad your grandson has made some friends to keep him occupied  :)