Author Topic: What's going to happen to this board  (Read 1369 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
What's going to happen to this board
« on: August 09, 2019, 12:52:32 pm »
Some of the moderators not been on in over a year hope we keep this little forum going and it doesn't get closed  :'(

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: What's going to happen to this board
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 06:08:32 pm »
Some of the moderators not been on in over a year hope we keep this little forum going and it doesn't get closed  :'(

The few of us still active just have to keep plugging away mari, it's all we can do.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 05:09:33 pm »

The few of us still active just have to keep plugging away mari, it's all we can do.

Yes true maybe they don't even like Zante anymore  :'(

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 05:25:53 pm »
I must admit I don't look here as often as I used to but perhaps every few days and I can always find something of interest to read about. Agree with mike, we just have to keep plugging away. At least this forum represents people who love Zakynthos and is the polar opposite of social media sites like Faceache which, when I take a pee at my husband's page, is full of preening, digitally enhanced people with pics which scream out "Look at me and my perfect life " Absolute tripe, most of it, with  "inspirational" sayings, quotes, fake news, It's a dreadful social media platform and should be shut down.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 05:26:38 pm »
Meant Peek  ;D ;D ;D

ladyhilly

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 09:01:55 pm »
Love this forum so much info that you donít get anywhere else!

shreddie-eddie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 11:37:18 am »
I am on most of the Facebook groups for the two resorts,and much prefer this site There`s to many "experts" on Facebook who will jump down on anyone who dares to have a point of view different from theirs.I find it quite funny/annoying when someone asks the taxi cost question,is there any need for around 10/15 repeat answers of "Ä28/Ä30 plenty outside arrivals",and they will some times argue about that! Some one recently put a great review on the Trip Advisor forum group very informative clear and to the point.But prefer this site,a lot more civilized ;).   Rant over!! :) :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 02:03:21 pm »
Well Facebook has one particular member who is like the King of alykanas a wealth of knowledge and knows everyone.
I agree though if anyone has a honest opinion they get shut down and their message gets deleted etc.
I do enjoy the photos though allow me to dream.
Where is the review please I'd like to read it.
I agree about the taxi question  :laugh:

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 02:14:07 pm »
Love this forum so much info that you donít get anywhere else!

Yes been on it for years and love it too nice to have somewhere other than Facebook to go  :)

shreddie-eddie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 02:37:23 pm »

shreddie-eddie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 02:38:17 pm »
It`s OK,no need to copy and paste the link works

shreddie-eddie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2019, 02:46:14 pm »
I know who you mean about the lad who`s very knowledgeable,I met him a few seasons ago,smashing lad and has some great photo`s. :) :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2019, 03:00:43 pm »
Yes I do enjoy his photos and he likes to share his knowledge which is good  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2019, 03:05:45 pm »
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1191028-i13052-k12821904-Our_Trip_Report-Alykanas_Zakynthos_Ionian_Islands.html         It`s on here Mari,you might have to copy and paste the adress.

Thanks for that love reading reviews. Makes me sad though missing the place and nothing booked for future other than Crete.

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 03:42:32 pm »
I must admit I don't look here as often as I used to but perhaps every few days and I can always find something of interest to read about. Agree with mike, we just have to keep plugging away. At least this forum represents people who love Zakynthos and is the polar opposite of social media sites like Faceache which, when I take a pee at my husband's page, is full of preening, digitally enhanced people with pics which scream out "Look at me and my perfect life " Absolute tripe, most of it, with  "inspirational" sayings, quotes, fake news, It's a dreadful social media platform and should be shut down.

Couldn't agree more about facetube, I can't stand the thing but Mrs Soupdragon (Rose) is on there for her own reasons but doesn't take it at all seriously

Cheers.           Tom and Rose