Author Topic: Alykes/alykanas  (Read 1331 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Alykes/alykanas
« on: August 10, 2019, 05:03:53 pm »
Someone's posted on Ta they found alykes full of young people and too lively and alykanas was quieter and best for couples. We found alykanas more lively this year what does everyone think?

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Alykes/alykanas
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 09:28:34 pm »
Someone's posted on Ta they found alykes full of young people and too lively and alykanas was quieter and best for couples. We found alykanas more lively this year what does everyone think?

I wouldn't like to say as we're unusual in that we stay in the old village, not slept in "new" Alykanas for a decade or more and never in Alykes; also we're very rarely out late in the bars, we tend to eat quite early and chill in our accommodation later. The closest we get to late night "life" has been in the various incarnations of Epsilon over the years, best ever was the year our friends John and Sue ran it (2011) and it was the busiest I've ever seen it.

That said from my experience I don't there's much to choose between the two resorts; if you want to find life you'll find it in either and if you want peace you can find it in either. People tend (not all) to be loyal to the first place they visit and keep going back I think.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 09:38:47 am »
We're heading out to Alykanas this September and tend to book where we have a choice of both Alykanas and Alykes :) and tend to equally spend time in both as we have favourite bars/tavernas/beach areas in both. I couldn't really choose. It will be interesting to see the mix of age groups in the resorts. I think this area of Zakynthos is becoming very popular. Needless to say it has been a long wait for this holiday. The holiday has also been reduced to 11 nights from 14, due to Tui cancelling our original flight, so we are going to make the most of it. 

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 09:50:43 am »
Cannot speak for the main season months but did not see any difference in this May in Alykes to previous years, everything was pretty much as usual with the mix of young and old and those in between ;) . Back out in very early October so will see if anything has changed. I did notice that last October there were a few more people about as some of the hotels were still open which were not in  previous years.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 09:55:13 am by Al »
If you wish upon a star. It makes no difference like AT ALL

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 02:08:23 pm »
Agree with Sophia both resorts have good bars/restaurants etc we like both but do prefer the beach at alykes.
You guys seem to travel a bit more less peak season which we have agreed to do in future I think if you went July/ August you would notice a huge difference.
We still love both but have agreed to also try other places with the other half but I know nothing will ever beat my life for alykes/alykanas it feels comfortable and homely.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 02:10:07 pm »
We're heading out to Alykanas this September and tend to book where we have a choice of both Alykanas and Alykes :) and tend to equally spend time in both as we have favourite bars/tavernas/beach areas in both. I couldn't really choose. It will be interesting to see the mix of age groups in the resorts. I think this area of Zakynthos is becoming very popular. Needless to say it has been a long wait for this holiday. The holiday has also been reduced to 11 nights from 14, due to Tui cancelling our original flight, so we are going to make the most of it.

That's annoying having your holiday reduced but like you say you've got to make the most of it and you will have a fab time. We expect a full report when you are back  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 02:58:53 pm »
We found the older generation more party animals than us out til early hours and up before us  :laugh: :laugh: