Author Topic: Lidl Greek week  (Read 337 times)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Lidl Greek week
« on: August 19, 2019, 01:17:40 pm »
Another Greek week coming up this coming Thursday at Lidl:- https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Offers.htm?id=1157&week=2

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: Lidl Greek week
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 06:24:42 pm »
Thanks, have to look out for the goodies plus the competition entry. Wish they would show previous winners of these competitions.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 04:08:10 pm »
Only like the mythos and those Tsiki ball things they are too Moreish wish they would update the range gets boring  :'(

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 03:54:00 pm »
Just got in having invested 44.59, although 17.96 of that was on Mythos, going to be a good week-end ;D.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 06:06:09 pm »
Just got in having invested 44.59, although 17.96 of that was on Mythos, going to be a good week-end ;D.

Oooh what did you get? I don't live too near a lidl I've got asda morrisons and Aldi. Or would be easier to go but I'm too tired.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 06:48:49 pm »

Oooh what did you get? I don't live too near a lidl I've got asda morrisons and Aldi. Or would be easier to go but I'm too tired.

2xTzatziki 1.98
Baked feta tomato  1.29
Olive oil 3.99
Butterbeans in tom sauce 1.19
Aubergines in tom sauce 1.19
Meatballs with tzatziki x 2 3.58
Leak and cheese swirls 1.49
Spinach puffs 2.49
Gyros rice dish (with pork) 1.79

Plus the Mythos and one or two non Greek bits and pieces :).

Lucky that in Exeter Lidl built a "flagship" store last year, they literally completely demolished their old one and rebuilt from the ground up, so it's state of the art and even has DIY checkouts; the only "budget" supermarket I've ever come across that has.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 06:54:26 pm by Mike »

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 04:07:54 pm »

2xTzatziki 1.98
Baked feta tomato  1.29
Olive oil 3.99
Butterbeans in tom sauce 1.19
Aubergines in tom sauce 1.19
Meatballs with tzatziki x 2 3.58
Leak and cheese swirls 1.49
Spinach puffs 2.49
Gyros rice dish (with pork) 1.79

Plus the Mythos and one or two non Greek bits and pieces :).

Lucky that in Exeter Lidl built a "flagship" store last year, they literally completely demolished their old one and rebuilt from the ground up, so it's state of the art and even has DIY checkouts; the only "budget" supermarket I've ever come across that has.

You're lucky with the lidl. Ours is just basic not that keen to be honest prefer asda. The Greek things sound lovely. Enjoy must admit I live 5 minutes walk from a wetherspoons who sell mythos but never quite tastes the same but nice to have now and again. Might get to lidl Sunday see if they've got anything left.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 02:54:23 pm »
Just been back and spent another 50 odd. Been the biggest range ever this time I think and the quality is brilliant; only downside is it's not "proper" Greek Mythos but the food is great, freezer well stocked!

saganaki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 08:00:22 pm »
Not "proper"Greek Mythos? What do you mean?

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 09:00:27 pm »
Not "proper"Greek Mythos? What do you mean?

I can't read the small-print on the can (my eyes ::)) but the UK version is 4.7% alcohol to duck under the 5.0% limit for higher tax that the Greek stuff would demand. Many beers cut their strength for the UK market (eg Stella went from 5.0% to 4.8%) when the laws changed a while back; I don't know if "English" Mythos is brewed somewhere different from the local stuff but the difference in taste is certainly noticeable.

saganaki

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 09:53:37 pm »
It's exactly the same. I know a Mythos rep and it is all brewed in Greece the difference in strength on the label is a "tax easing". The difference in taste may be down to being a tin rather than a bottle or draft, as with so many beers.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2019, 07:26:58 pm »
It's exactly the same. I know a Mythos rep and it is all brewed in Greece the difference in strength on the label is a "tax easing". The difference in taste may be down to being a tin rather than a bottle or draft, as with so many beers.

Agree completely that some beers are best from a bottle/can and some are better from a pump but I find it hard to believe that in these days of legally binding  labelling that a company is allowed to sell the same product in two different countries and lie about one of them.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2019, 09:25:13 pm »
Always have trouble with the bottle/ Cans of Mythos others prefer them. I find that if I have one bottle or one can I don't really want another (but does keep the cost and alcohol consumption down). Now then I find the opposite when in Zakynthos when the draft is available. The first one hardly touches the sides and are onto my second in no time at all. and then another etc. etc. ::)

All part of the Carsberg group so "Probably" the best lager in Greece. The brewery is in Thesaloniki

More info here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythos_Brewery

https://www.carlsberggroup.com/products/mythos/mythos/?Ckey=1417
When life closes a door, open it. That's how doors work