Author Topic: easyJet summer 2020  (Read 2059 times)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Re: easyJet summer 2020
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 03:45:58 pm »
It was the website via my PC Tony. Never buy anything on my phone.

Have now got onto the website  when I have just arrived from work and they want £280 for the week I want. Will have a rethink, as not very impressed with that price at all. Will do a bit more digging with Jet 2 and Tui from Bham and also have a look at Tui packages :-\

Unfortunately for you Al the general Easyjet website doesn’t go live until after the “app” shows the latest dates of flight releases are available. I kept backtracking after I’de booked our flights on the “app” around 5-40a.m. and the general website didn’t go online with these until after 6 a.m. this was using an iPad.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 03:51:23 pm by tony welsh »

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2019, 11:51:18 pm »
Wish I could plan as far ahead as you guys but with work and who knows what looming have to keep one day at a time

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2019, 05:40:05 am »
Hopefully now that Easyjet from Gatwick and Bristol and Jet2 from Manchester, Birmingham and Stanstead have bought Thomas Cooks slots then hopefully  there just maybe more flights to Zakynthos at better prices.  We will just have to wait and see. I have left booking for October for now, as packages and flights are just too high at the moment.

Failing everything, I could always go on a walking holiday up in The Lake District, as it can be very nice at that time of year and have not been up there for a few years ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50350531

« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 05:56:35 am by Al »

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2019, 08:38:30 am »
Late summer flights to be released on Nov 7th, keep it to yourselves (yes I know everyone in internet-land will get the info pretty soon but I want the front row to still be available at a minute past whenever ;D).

Hey Mike, How come you got the info up front from EJ ? I am signed up to the email newsletters etc and did not get the e-mail until after ( very helpful) they were released ???

They have now just  sent me a newsletter to say  that they have some big news to share about holidays and I have registered my interest. Hopefully more availability to the island ;D

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2019, 10:58:34 am »
Late summer flights to be released on Nov 7th, keep it to yourselves (yes I know everyone in internet-land will get the info pretty soon but I want the front row to still be available at a minute past whenever ;D).

Hey Mike, How come you got the info up front from EJ ? I am signed up to the email newsletters etc and did not get the e-mail until after ( very helpful) they were released ???

They have now just  sent me a newsletter to say  that they have some big news to share about holidays and I have registered my interest. Hopefully more availability to the island ;D

Sent a PM.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2019, 07:38:04 am »
Looks like they are going into holidays in a bigger way than previous. Waiting for their new Holiday website to get up and running to see if they have taken on any of the TC properties on the island and what sort of prices they come up with. Only annoyance is I will have to either chase down to Bristol or up to Liverpool for departures.
Maybe if they are entering the holiday market in a serious way then perhaps they will not CANCEL their flights so easily if any air traffic controllers go on strike for a few hours. This has been my worry with EJ up to now, as I am not left with a lot of options time and cost wise if they cancel a booking at the last minute when I am only going away for a week.. It would mean the total scrapping of my holiday :-X

https://email.easyjet.com/pub/sf/ResponseForm?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DYQpglLjHJlYQGozcza5iA4q0HSq9kqRizcHzaHg6ePDAybSzbL3sJLfVXMtX%3DYQpglLjHJlYQGmpzbdNKBbEiMfDu8ThRzgzfOr6ePDAybSzbL3sJLf&_ei_=Eqz8803HfzluQ604ihyTQcw
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 07:39:51 am by Al »

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2019, 10:01:50 pm »
Looks like the new holiday website has been launched, just need now to see if they have anything of interest .

https://www.easyjet.com/en/holidays/?utm_source=easyJetholidays&utm_medium=email&utm_content=launch1&utm_campaign=20191206_UKLaunch

but seems to be a glitch as cannot get the date box to work ::)

Will contact them Sat morning at 8a.m. as online chat is open 8am - 8pm. and no e-mail contact that I can find on their website or through "my booking" etc.

UPDATE

Well what poor customer service using online chat. Told them date box not working and what browser and windows version using. Was told it is working OK .I  Told them  that the "Flight" site is fine that I have tried.  The Holiday site is not, so told to empty casche, cookies, etc. and try again ( like I had not already done that! ) Their BOT keeps cutting in saying we have not heard from you in a while and will disconnect chat shortly. Told to ring their customer service who will help with holidays booking for me. ( thanks) . Asked them to pass on this issue for me to their  IT people which they said they would and was there anything else? so mentioned the BOT issue . Was told yes they know and he cut the chat..... Most Charming ::) :o
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 09:21:45 am by Al »

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2019, 09:21:45 pm »
Well no matter what I try the departure date box for the Holidays just will not hold the date I select.

However ..... it looks like the Saturday departures from Bristol are back on so good news and at the mo at a reasonable price so we shall see :-\

manUdave

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2019, 10:05:42 am »
Thanks AI for the heads up over eastjet holidays. Ive just registered. Dave

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2019, 08:04:40 pm »
Well Fri 13th is a good day for a few reasons  ;)

One of which is I have just booked my late Sept Saturday return flight from Bristol with booked seats and  23kg bag. for the bargain price of £128  ;D ;D ;D

This is all due to a text received from the owner of the apartments that I normally stay at, letting me know about the Bristol Saturday flights. So I have now booked these apartments for my stay. This is what is I call  "pro-active", so both of us gain ;) :)

The new Saturday flights at the moment are so much cheaper, although the times are later in the day but well worth the price difference. If I went for the week  on the Wednesday rather than the Saturday it would have cost me £297 :o

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 11:49:56 am by Al »

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2019, 09:03:52 am »
Thanks AI for the heads up over eastjet holidays. Ive just registered. Dave

No probs Dave.

The date box is now working after installing some windows updates, but as it happens, due the the marvelous price on the Saturday flight only I got and booking accomodation  separate,  it worked out cheaper than doing a package  :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 09:08:02 am by Al »

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2020, 08:10:26 am »
Have had 4 e-mails from EJ  about  my flights in May and September that the configuration of the aircraft has now changed and thus the seats that I have booked may have changed. On checking on "manage bookings" looks like I am still all OK as nothing has been altered. It seems that the aircraft may be bigger and the rows that I have booked ( 6 and 7) are now in the "up front" section with a booking price of £18.99 each way. Wonder if I will be able to get on with the "Speedy boarding" crowd ?   :-\  :laugh:

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2020, 03:10:26 pm »
Have had 4 e-mails from EJ  about  my flights in May and September that the configuration of the aircraft has now changed and thus the seats that I have booked may have changed. On checking on "manage bookings" looks like I am still all OK as nothing has been altered. It seems that the aircraft may be bigger and the rows that I have booked ( 6 and 7) are now in the "up front" section with a booking price of £18.99 each way. Wonder if I will be able to get on with the "Speedy boarding" crowd ?   :-\  :laugh:
Yes we’ve had the same e-mails Al, we haven’t pre booked any seats we just check-in on the first day when online check-in opens. When we travel with our grown up children and grandchildren together we wait until they’ve checked in online and then pay for seats next to/near to them as children have to be seated with parents or other guardians travelling with them. If I was you I’de just jump in when speedy boarders are called you should be fine if not they can only make you wait until the rest of the passengers board the flight.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2020, 04:55:57 pm »
Yes we’ve had the same e-mails Al, we haven’t pre booked any seats we just check-in on the first day when online check-in opens. When we travel with our grown up children and grandchildren together we wait until they’ve checked in online and then pay for seats next to/near to them as children have to be seated with parents or other guardians travelling with them. If I was you I’de just jump in when speedy boarders are called you should be fine if not they can only make you wait until the rest of the passengers board the flight.

Yes was thinking it was worth the try, I am booked in a window seat, so would not want to wait and  to cause an obstruction and hold up everyone so close to the front of the plane, now would I ? ;D

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2020, 11:11:22 pm »

I would always just pay to sit together saves the stress