Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 991 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Holidays
« on: August 26, 2019, 04:48:20 pm »
Happy holidays all those of you going back in September......
I'm off to Crete next week am excited but will miss Zante  :'(

AlanF

• Offline Offline
Re: Holidays
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 05:58:22 pm »
Heading to Alykes on 5th September for 4 weeks, never been to Crete but have heard positive reports, enjoy Mari.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 02:31:16 pm »
Heading to Alykes on 5th September for 4 weeks, never been to Crete but have heard positive reports, enjoy Mari.

Lucky you 4 weeks I wouldn't even be allowed that time off work. Thank you and you too. Love alykes will miss it.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 06:42:46 am »
Arrived back in Alykanas last Wednesday for a couple of weeks, 3rd visit this year. Weather brilliant as usual but the first clouds we’ve seen since arriving are above the mountains this morning which is nothing unusual and in the other direction (East) the sun has risen and is blazing away nicely. Took the family down to Zante town for breakfast and a stroll around the shops and harbour. Later we headed back along the coast to Tsilivi spending the afternoon at a friends parents hotel poolside (Hotel Ariadne).We went down to Kalamaki on Saturday to pick up our son’s work mate and family who were staying in the Caretta beach hotel. They spent the afternoon and evening with us up in Alykanas before getting a taxi back down.Think we’ll head across to the Zante Nest pool soon and possibly this afternoon take the grandchildren across to the water park. Spent the whole day across on a strangely quiet for a Sunday Alykes beach yesterday, had lunch in Paporo with a few beers of course and didn’t leave until the sun disappeared behind the mountains. YAMMAS !!!

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 07:29:23 am »
Arrived back in Alykanas last Wednesday for a couple of weeks, 3rd visit this year. Weather brilliant as usual but the first clouds we’ve seen since arriving are above the mountains this morning which is nothing unusual and in the other direction (East) the sun has risen and is blazing away nicely. Took the family down to Zante town for breakfast and a stroll around the shops and harbour. Later we headed back along the coast to Tsilivi spending the afternoon at a friends parents hotel poolside (Hotel Ariadne).We went down to Kalamaki on Saturday to pick up our son’s work mate and family who were staying in the Caretta beach hotel. They spent the afternoon and evening with us up in Alykanas before getting a taxi back down.Think we’ll head across to the Zante Nest pool soon and possibly this afternoon take the grandchildren across to the water park. Spent the whole day across on a strangely quiet for a Sunday Alykes beach yesterday, had lunch in Paporo with a few beers of course and didn’t leave until the sun disappeared behind the mountains. YAMMAS !!!

Sounds amazing and you are getting around the island nicely. Bet it will be very quiet now as children are back at school today. Love alykes beach but was rammed when I was there in July. Enjoy the rest of your holidays  :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 08:33:10 pm »

Enjoy Tony! Our next booking starts exactly a year from today (curse 2020 being a leap year, makes it 366 days instead of 365 >:() but sorely tempted to sneak another one either late this season or early next. At the moment we have Skye next April to look forward to, astonishingly beautiful island but not quite the climate of Zakynthos ;D.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 01:53:49 pm »
Counting down the days until our next visit to Alykanas. It has been touch and go whether we would make it recently as my mum fell couple of weeks ago and they discovered she has pneumonia. She is on the road to recovery thank goodness and is in a facility for re-enablement ( one of those new fangled words used fondly by Social Services which simply means getting her back on her feet again ) so we have had the green light for our much anticipated holiday.We have booked the airport lounge. Think it is a bit of a swizz though as the booking says it is for 3 hours yet won't allow us to access the lounge until 1200, when our flight is in fact at 1425, so by the time you have to be at the gate 40 minutes before boarding, no way is it 3 hours. So anyone there same time as me, I'm the woman guzzling down the G&T's and wolfing down all the grub ;D ;D ;D

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 02:42:48 pm »
Counting down the days until our next visit to Alykanas. It has been touch and go whether we would make it recently as my mum fell couple of weeks ago and they discovered she has pneumonia. She is on the road to recovery thank goodness and is in a facility for re-enablement ( one of those new fangled words used fondly by Social Services which simply means getting her back on her feet again ) so we have had the green light for our much anticipated holiday.We have booked the airport lounge. Think it is a bit of a swizz though as the booking says it is for 3 hours yet won't allow us to access the lounge until 1200, when our flight is in fact at 1425, so by the time you have to be at the gate 40 minutes before boarding, no way is it 3 hours. So anyone there same time as me, I'm the woman guzzling down the G&T's and wolfing down all the grub ;D ;D ;D

Glad to hear your mums ok. How much do you pay for the lounge? Yes I thought that aswell get your money's worth  :laugh:

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 10:47:25 am »
Thank you. We paid £50.98 for the two of us using Cloudvoucher which directed us to the Holiday Extras site, it was the cheapest we could find.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 02:54:30 pm »
Had a very humid and cloudy day with sunny periods yesterday but today is business as usual in blazing hot sunshine. Yesterday we went down to Kalamaki for the day which started with healthy (not) full English breakfasts in the Drunk Corner pub which was excellent. Our son and family went out with his mate and family for the afternoon in a hired boat. All were delighted and amazed to see a turtle surface several times alongside the boat, they also sailed across to Marathonisi island and also around to Keri caves. We spent the afternoon on Kalamaki beach as we have done boat trips many times. Later we went to Zante town to see a super yacht that had sailed in over the weekend, there were many other fine smaller yachts in too. Our acommodation owners had cooked a meal for us all as it was the family’s last night, an excellent Mousaka, Greek Salad, Breads too all washed down with Nickos’s homemade red wine a really delicious evening indeed. Later we headed across to our favourite CUBA bar for the family to say their goodbyes with a few drinks. I’m typing this on the poolside sunbed with the hot afternoon sun frying my back l.o.l. The family are now in the air flying home after a disappointing 2 hour flight delay so we now start our 2nd week today on our own, YAMMAS for now.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 03:23:34 pm »
Thank you. We paid £50.98 for the two of us using Cloudvoucher which directed us to the Holiday Extras site, it was the cheapest we could find.

Still not cheap really. I don't know if I'd get my money's worth as don't want to drink much before a flight. Report back how your experience is there when you get back.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 03:26:40 pm »
Sounds lovely and to see a turtle would be amazing. I read tourists have been disturbing turtles recently nesting in alykanas which is a shame. The meal sounds fantastic and you were well looked after. Enjoy your sunbathing day and chill sounds great weather sounds good for time of year too.
Heard there are a lot of flight delays at the minute which is not good  :'(

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 04:41:00 pm »
Sounds lovely and to see a turtle would be amazing. I read tourists have been disturbing turtles recently nesting in alykanas which is a shame. The meal sounds fantastic and you were well looked after. Enjoy your sunbathing day and chill sounds great weather sounds good for time of year too.
Yes Marí, our son and family’s Easyjet flight back to Bristol was delayed by 2 hours. Now with the news of a fatal traffic accident that has closed the M4 back into Wales they face further delays getting home to Cardiff.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2019, 03:44:35 pm »
Quote from: tony welsh link=topic=20959.msg273275#msg2732date=1567611660
Yes Marí, our son and family’s Easyjet flight back to Bristol was delayed by 2 hours. Now with the news of a fatal traffic accident that has closed the M4 back into Wales they face further delays getting home to Cardiff.

Oh dear not good and sad news about the accident  :'(. Enjoy the rest of your holiday

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2019, 11:10:50 am »
Off to Alykes in just over 3 weeks and have just booked my flight for next May.

Booked flight only with Thomas Cook airlines but on confirmation e-mail received the Flight/Tour operator is Thomas Cook Airlines but the Airline is Gambit.

May have something to do with the Chinese purchase of part of the Thomas Cook business   :-\

Noticed when booking the seats that the layout of the Airbus 321 shown is different to the Thomas Cook seat layout.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 11:14:56 am by Al »
When life closes a door, open it. That's how doors work