Author Topic: Holidays  (Read 993 times)

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
Re: Holidays
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2019, 12:10:19 pm »
Just found this on trip advisor, hope it helps........

I work at Thomas Cook Airlines head office and can confirm, as Linda stated, that it is a background software which the company uses to process data. The reason (Gambit) is showing will be due to all booking processing on the software, although i'm unsure why it is appearing in the booking cycle. I will get the web team to look into it.
Hope this helps explain, but don't worry if it does say (Gambit) :)

Looks like nothing to worry about then.

Cheers.           Tom and Rose

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2019, 12:13:03 pm »
This is the post that is referred to in the last comment......

Having just booked a flight myself, I was rather concerned when I received my confirmation and it stated Airline (Gambit). I have contacted Thomas Cook and they have informed me that Gambit is not a airline, but a Airline software that the company uses...!

Hope it eases your mind

Cheers.         Tom and Rose

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2019, 02:07:16 pm »
Thanks for that. Airline software then getting in on the act giving itself a name. :laugh:

When life closes a door, open it. That's how doors work

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2019, 02:31:13 pm »
I blame brexit  ;D

Cheers.         Tom and Rose

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 04:04:22 pm »
We're off to Alykanas in a few days...it's been a long time coming and we're so excited to be going back to one of our favourite places ( you'd think we were teenagers but we're almost the other end of the age scale ;D ;D ;D ) Anyway, I'm officially on holiday from today ( takes a glug of wine ). We're deciding where to have our first drink, probably in the accommodation as we arrive late evening, our first meal...difficult decisions , we have to try so many places. The weather looks good too. We tend to split our time between the two resorts as they are both fantastic places to be. Enjoy your hols Al and anyone else going this September. :)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 01:32:41 am »
Well our holiday is drawing to an end now with tomorrow being our last full day before we fly home on Wednesday afternoon and it’s been one of our best ever. Our first week was all about our eldest son and family spoiling the grandchildren rotten which I pretty well think we achieved before they flew home. We’ve mingled with old friends and met some lovely new ones too. One of the highlights of this trip was across at Whispers Bar with Nickos and crew. Last Friday evening as usual we had nothing firmly planned and after jumping in the car I just headed down through Alykanas across to Alykes and a spur of the moment decision prompted me to stop at the far end of the village to stroll back through for a drink here and there. We went into Whisper’s where I know NICKOS always plays Golden oldie music that is right up our street. I noticed a group of older guys sitting in the front corner chatting away and some had guitars and bazoukis with them. Soon after Nickos joined them and soon they were playing away, joined by Nickos’s daughter on guitar. It was brilliant with a little short grey haired man strutting around the bar singing gloriously away in Greek to the music. I wasn’t going anywhere and as the crowd grew with people coming in after their dinners so did the atmosphere. People were up dancing and to cap this a guy dressed up in full ELVIS attire strolled in much to the amusement of many including ourselves. He got on a microphone and sang a few ELVIS songs to a very good standard whilst the musicians took a break. Later a second half saw a great sing along by the crowd in there especially to “Kay Serra” played by Nickos on his Bazouki it was brilliant topped off around midnight by Zorba the Greek by them all, emotion was an understatement and we both had tears of happiness in our eyes. This Friday night entertainment happens every Friday throughout the peak Season from around 10 p.m. and it’s unmissable. We generally spent more time on Alykes beach than the many previous visits there. Paporo is a great favourite of our’s with excellent table service direct to your sunbed off the lovely “Riz”. Strangely enough we’ve only been in the Mill bar on Alykanas beach a few times a venue that we generally spend a great deal of our holiday time in. Today we took friends from back home down to the airport for their Cardiff flight home. Later it was Alykes once again and lunch in Fishalida with a huge mixed fish and seafood platter served with gorgeous bruschetta topped with onion and feta cheese. This was washed down with free white wine which was beautiful, later we swam and dozed the afternoon away on the sunbeds in front at the water’s edge. This last couple of days being on our own (for a change) has been so relaxing and stress free but we miss our grandchildren dreadfully and so look forward to seeing them tomorrow evening. Zakynthos we love you more than ever and we have talked about a late weekend break here again as the Season closes in, YAMMAS !!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 01:43:44 am by tony welsh »