Author Topic: Flights booked 2020  (Read 1869 times)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Flights booked 2020
« on: September 19, 2019, 06:07:16 am »
Well that’s our Easyjet flights booked for June (rtn) & August (1 way) 2020 flying from Bristol. I Started trying the Easyjet “app” site from 05-15 a.m. finally got on at 05-40 a.m. As expected more expensive than previous years, June was £275 return for the both of us together and the 1 way flights in August came in at £52 each so quite happy with that price, just have to wait for our Sept return flight to be released later in the year. No hold baggage booked as yet as we’ve managed with just hand luggage on recent trips. As for liquids it’s cheaper to buy at the airport or when across in Zante as the cost nowadays is much much cheaper than the ridiculous cost of return hold baggage, YAMMAS.               (P.S. Just need my health to hold up next year)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 09:01:20 am by tony welsh »

dh

• Offline Offline
  • mystery man
Re: Flights booked 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 12:29:17 pm »
same here, good old Easyjet, 10 days next July, September to follow....

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 01:17:05 pm »
Well that’s our Easyjet flights booked for June (rtn) & August (1 way) 2020 flying from Bristol. I Started trying the Easyjet “app” site from 05-15 a.m. finally got on at 05-40 a.m. As expected more expensive than previous years, June was £275 return for the both of us together and the 1 way flights in August came in at £52 each so quite happy with that price, just have to wait for our Sept return flight to be released later in the year. No hold baggage booked as yet as we’ve managed with just hand luggage on recent trips. As for liquids it’s cheaper to buy at the airport or when across in Zante as the cost nowadays is much much cheaper than the ridiculous cost of return hold baggage, YAMMAS.               (P.S. Just need my health to hold up next year)

Well done on getting your flights sorted. I can't plan that far in advance and don't live near easy jet airports to be honest anyway  :)

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 08:47:37 pm »
Booked for May next year, Flight only and booked separate apartments. Only issue is, it is TC  so hope all will be OK. More worrying is off to Zak  in just over a week and yes have booked with TC again so really hope they sort things out. Fingers crossed and every thing else as well. Sure it will be OK...Maybe. On a positive note if I get stuck over there until the very end of the season then I am going to be really worried ( or maybe not  ;D )
If you wish upon a star. It makes no difference like AT ALL

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 08:35:00 am »
We're off out two weeks tomorrow, Thomas Cook permitting. I really do hope they can sort the extra cash out. I know we can get our money back if TC do fail but it's the possible loss of our holiday in Zakynthos that's the real pain. Our plan is to book the room direct with the owners and get a flight if the worst happens. The only problem might be the availability of flights at such late notice.

Fingers crossed though that it doesn't come to that

Cheers.         Tom and Rose

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 03:53:23 pm »
We're off out two weeks tomorrow, Thomas Cook permitting. I really do hope they can sort the extra cash out. I know we can get our money back if TC do fail but it's the possible loss of our holiday in Zakynthos that's the real pain. Our plan is to book the room direct with the owners and get a flight if the worst happens. The only problem might be the availability of flights at such late notice.

So sorry that T. Cook’s collapse has effected your plans, fingers crossed for you that you get a replacement flight at a sensible price.

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 06:21:51 pm »

So sorry that T. Cook’s collapse has effected your plans, fingers crossed for you that you get a replacement flight at a sensible price.

Hi Tony

We've got flights for the Friday after we were due out. Not the cheapest but it'll all be worth it once we're there, plus we can't NOT go.
I contacted Vikki direct to arrange to rebook our room with them at a very reasonable rate (thank you Vikki). Amending our car park at Manchester was a pain. Had to cancel and book somewhere else at a premium rate with it being so close to departure.
Anyway, we're looking forward to it even more than we were. Didn't think that would be possible but after all the worry and disappointment we're gagging to get there  :D

Cheers.        Tom and Rose

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 07:32:30 pm »

Hi Tony

We've got flights for the Friday after we were due out. Not the cheapest but it'll all be worth it once we're there, plus we can't NOT go.
I contacted Vikki direct to arrange to rebook our room with them at a very reasonable rate (thank you Vikki). Amending our car park at Manchester was a pain. Had to cancel and book somewhere else at a premium rate with it being so close to departure.
Anyway, we're looking forward to it even more than we were. Didn't think that would be possible but after all the worry and disappointment we're gagging to get there  :D

Glad you managed to get sorted and get your holiday re-booked. I was lucky and  managed to re-book a flight out for the same day but coming back on the Saturday instead of the Thursday so a couple of extra days holiday to look forward to  :)

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 07:48:37 pm »

Hi Tony

Glad you managed to get sorted and get your holiday re-booked. I was lucky and  managed to re-book a flight out for the same day but coming back on the Saturday instead of the Thursday so a couple of extra days holiday to look forward to  :)

A couple of extra days is always welcome. Depending what our hosts plan for next year we may throw caution to the wind and stay for three weeks  :)
Then there's our two week May holiday to replace too, I wonder where we could stay?  ;)

Cheers.           Tom and Rose

idrobbo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2019, 04:14:15 pm »

Glad you got sorted. My wife was trying from similar time but couldn’t get in until around 06:20. By then flights in August were around 275 each return! Not happy, double what we paid last time, and their inability to cope with demand costs us.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2019, 07:58:15 am »
Re-booked  my TC flights for May 2020 with Easyjet from Bristol, a little further to travel but a decent price. Jet2 were not that bad on price from B'ham but a good £100+ up on EJ  cost. Tui from Bham were just having a bit of a laugh ::)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2019, 10:19:15 pm »
Glad you got sorted. My wife was trying from similar time but couldn’t get in until around 06:20. By then flights in August were around 275 each return! Not happy, double what we paid last time, and their inability to cope with demand costs us.

Nowt to do with their "inability to cope", all done by computer algorithm. They're a business after all (not a charity) and will maximise profit whenever possible.
Did the same when I ran my own firm (not an airline obviously).

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 10:17:55 am »
Soupdragon, just wondering if you will be reimbursed for the cancelled parking due to failure of Thomas Cook. We hadn't got as far as booking parking for our holiday with them next year and have already begun the process of claiming for our holiday which we paid for in full. Also I suppose their customers may have other additional costs to consider, like kennel fees, hotel bookings  in UK prior to flying out...even pre booked airport lounges. It's such a mess to sort out.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2019, 01:15:30 pm »
Soupdragon, just wondering if you will be reimbursed for the cancelled parking due to failure of Thomas Cook. We hadn't got as far as booking parking for our holiday with them next year and have already begun the process of claiming for our holiday which we paid for in full. Also I suppose their customers may have other additional costs to consider, like kennel fees, hotel bookings  in UK prior to flying out...even pre booked airport lounges. It's such a mess to sort out.
Sophia as regard’s to airport car parking personally I book direct independently and pay the extra insurance premium normally available at the pre pay stage of the booking process. This is just a nominal amount (about £2) which gives you the option of cancellation and to make changes free of charge.

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2019, 04:22:37 pm »

We just cancelled our bookings and got a full refund. We've not cancelled next October's yet as we've not sorted anything out with Vikki, that and next October's flights aren't on sale yet.
We should be able to ammend it anyway so it shouldn't be a problem. Fingers crossed anyway

Cheers.          Tom and Rose

Just double checked and we had cancelled next October's car park. If we book direct we'll more than likely be flying from Liverpool. Our hosts are still in discussions with tour operators so we may yet book another package with them. Time will tell

Cheers.          Tom and Rose
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 05:06:21 pm by Soupdragon »