Author Topic: Flights booked 2020  (Read 1595 times)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Flights booked 2020
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2019, 09:33:49 pm »
Soupdragon, just wondering if you will be reimbursed for the cancelled parking due to failure of Thomas Cook. We hadn't got as far as booking parking for our holiday with them next year and have already begun the process of claiming for our holiday which we paid for in full. Also I suppose their customers may have other additional costs to consider, like kennel fees, hotel bookings  in UK prior to flying out...even pre booked airport lounges. It's such a mess to sort out.
Sophia as regard’s to airport car parking personally I book direct independently and pay the extra insurance premium normally available at the pre pay stage of the booking process. This is just a nominal amount (about £2) which gives you the option of cancellation and to make changes free of charge.

Do the same Tony with Holiday Extras, get fast track security at a reduced rate as well which is a godsend! I flew out to Madrid last Tuesday and the security queue was rammed, fast track took me no time flat. Why more people don't use it is a mystery to me, even if you buy it on-site it's only £5. No brainer.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2019, 11:27:31 am »
Well that's the last bit done for May 2020, got the car parking all booked at Bristol on the Multi storey . Must be newish as don't remember it last time I was down there. Only £2 dearer than the long stay and with a 10% discount and flexible booking from APH ...pretty pleased.  Now just waiting for Easyjet to release late Sept flights to get my late summer break sorted, unless Jet2 and Tui from B'ham drop their prices somewhat.

**I re-booked my May flight with EJ when TC folded 4 weeks ago. Have just noticed that the flight is now £112 dearer :o
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 12:48:11 pm by Al »
Don't give up on your dreams.........Go back to sleep.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2019, 05:33:15 pm »
Well that's the last bit done for May 2020, got the car parking all booked at Bristol on the Multi storey . Must be newish as don't remember it last time I was down there. Only £2 dearer than the long stay and with a 10% discount and flexible booking from APH ...pretty pleased.  Now just waiting for Easyjet to release late Sept flights to get my late summer break sorted, unless Jet2 and Tui from B'ham drop their prices somewhat.

**I re-booked my May flight with EJ when TC folded 4 weeks ago. Have just noticed that the flight is now £112 dearer :o

I parked in the new multi-storey when I went to Madrid Al, a tiny bit more expensive but no shuttle or faffing about in the long stay searching for a space; admittedly I had to go top storey but there are neon signs directing you towards where spaces are to be had, and it's an easy walk to the terminal! I'll certainly be using it in the future.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2019, 08:59:25 pm »
What they don’t tell you when booking into the new multi storey at “BRS” is it’s an uphill walk involving ramps or negotiating several sets of stone steps that cross the roads up to the terminal building. We’ve used it and to be honest I found it a bit of a slog dragging a suitcase with hand luggage across my shoulder too. On saying this the walk back across when returning to your car makes for light work going downhill and most of the way is under a covered walkway. We’ve booked the long stay for next June in which the multi storey sits in. Both are similar price wise and if you’re lucky enough to find a space near to the walkway mentioned above it makes for a shorter walk.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 08:15:04 am »
Decided to go for the multi storey as wanted my car under cover if poss. It has drum brakes on the back and with the Alloy wheels I have on that are a very "open" design, water gets into the drums and sticks the handbrake on. Last May when I drove to the airport it was chucking it down and in the holiday excitement I completely forgot about the problem. When I returned 10 days later the hand brake was well and truly stuck, as when I tried to reverse out of the parking bay the car tried to climb up over the back wheels. I was messing about for about 10 mins trying to move it and thought I was going to have to call the breakdown company out but it suddenly came free. In October I remembered and although it was not raining when I got there and I only put the handbrake on lightly and left it in gear it was still a little stuck when I got back but came free after a couple of tries. Will have to start carrying a house brick and put it under a wheel and leave the handbrake off if I leave it for any time  :laugh:
Don't give up on your dreams.........Go back to sleep.