Author Topic: Danny’s hotel announcement  (Read 1476 times)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Danny’s hotel announcement
« on: October 02, 2019, 08:45:36 pm »
Danny’s hotel in Alykanas that has proved to be so very popular over the years with so many returnee holidaymakers has announced they will be with T.U.I. next Season. They had been exclusive to T. Cook for many years until their recent collapse. Yiannis has posted on other social media that bookings for the 2020 Season should be available in around two weeks time with T.U.I. U.K. and also T.U.I. Ireland.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Re: Danny’s hotel announcement
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 09:10:08 pm »
The Alykanas Beach Hotel has also just announced that they will also be with T.U.I. next Season. They have also announced that they will remain self catering putting to bed the rumours that have circulated in recent times that they will become all inclusive. This is a real boost for the local businesses in this area of the village.

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 09:44:58 pm »
It's good to hear that Tui are taking on some of the properties left by Thomas Cook. I hope they take some of the quieter ones too not just the bigger ones where they can bank on bookings.
Not familiar with Danny's, is that off the main road heading towards old Alykanas? On the right at the bend in the road as you head down?

Cheers.            Tom and Rose

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 09:52:19 pm »
It's good to hear that Tui are taking on some of the properties left by Thomas Cook. I hope they take some of the quieter ones too not just the bigger ones where they can bank on bookings.
Not familiar with Danny's, is that off the main road heading towards old Alykanas? On the right at the bend in the road as you head down?

Yes that’s it, did you know some years back that Danny’s Hotel came in at number 09 in a poll of the best family hotels on the market. This list was published in the Daily Mirror at a guess around 9-10 years ago.

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 10:10:10 pm »
Just watched a short video posted by shortie. 8pm and the area around bonkers was almost empty. 9 days before we find out just how quiet the place is, it's usually quiet this time when we go but I'm thinking there may only be a handful of people in the bars and tavernas. Will report when we get there

Cheers.          Tom and Rose

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 09:46:02 pm »
Just watched a short video posted by shortie. 8pm and the area around bonkers was almost empty. 9 days before we find out just how quiet the place is, it's usually quiet this time when we go but I'm thinking there may only be a handful of people in the bars and tavernas. Will report when we get there

Cheers.          Tom and Rose

Isn't it always quiet in October anyway? I'm sure you'll still have a fab time  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 09:55:55 pm »

Don't shoot me down but dannys is not for us at all but pleased they have tui on board  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 09:56:57 pm »
The Alykanas Beach Hotel has also just announced that they will also be with T.U.I. next Season. They have also announced that they will remain self catering putting to bed the rumours that have circulated in recent times that they will become all inclusive. This is a real boost for the local businesses in this area of the village.

Fab news  :)

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 11:02:02 pm »

Don't shoot me down but dannys is not for us at all but pleased they have tui on board  :)

Same here, we prefer the quieter properties. No swimming pool and the further away from any karaoke bars the better.  :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 09:52:29 pm »

Same here, we prefer the quieter properties. No swimming pool and the further away from any karaoke bars the better.  :)

+1

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 05:33:39 pm »
Very pleased to hear Tui have taken over some properties following the collapse of Thomas Cook. Also hope some of the quieter properties won't miss out. We have stayed at both Alykanas Beach ( glad it is not going to be AI ) and also Danny's. Think both are more for families so we stay at quieter studios and apartments. Already booked for June 2020 for White house Studios and currently going through with claim for accommodation we also booked in Kefalos Kos with Thomas Cook for next August so fingers crossed the claim will go smoothly....we only paid the full price upfront to get an additional £30 off. Oh well everything will be ok I'm sure.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 09:10:53 am »
Both Danny’s Hotel and the Alykanas Beach Hotel are now this morning showing prices with T.U.I. online for next Season. When looking for prices enter the individual hotel’s name in the search box not Zante on the T.U.I. website. I have no idea of package prices thesedays as we travel flight only.

Andy_H

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 12:16:15 pm »
Had a look at the packages this morning - for some context, we originally booked 13th to 27th August flying out of Manchester with Thomas Cook. 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 bedroom apartment with extra baggage allowance for three of the four of us. With TC, that originally came to £2650 - I later changed the flights in the package to the same date but flying from Liverpool with Easyjet instead and this dropped the price to £2500 (after adding in £150 admin costs to make the changes).

With TUI, the same holiday, flying from Manchester on Friday 14th to 28th (no Thursday flights with TUI) prices up as £3100 (though there is a £150 discount you can apply when booking) - so for the equivalent deal, it's £300 more expensive than Thomas Cook for us.

My perception has always been that TUI is a bit more expensive than Thomas Cook - this kind of backs up what I thought.

It doesn't directly affect us because the morning after TC's collapse, I booked flights separately and the 2 bedroom apartment at Dennis Studios instead (knowing we would get the refund from ATOL) - roughly the same price as our original Danny's booking with TC (although for 18 nights rather than 14  ;D )

Danny's has always been our favourite hotel in the resort, but we have stayed at a number of places - Draganikos, Zante Garden, Zante Flower, Thetis and now Dennis Studios - am happy to stay anywhere as long as we get our Alykanas fix, but while I'm happy that Yannis has got a new contract in place, I think there's a reasonable chance this means we will not be booking any packages at all anymore (and, as a result not staying at Danny's). Shame, but we'll be happy to spend a few days around the pool there instead.

TUI having almost a monopoly on packages now isn't going to help keep prices down either

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 12:34:19 pm »
T.U.I. certainly will have the monopoly on the Southern airports with package holidays but JET2 are firmly established as well but at the moment only from Northern airports. Fingers crossed for others that they may spread South. It’s very early days, remember when Monarch went bust and JET2 sort of appeared overnight with rapid expansion. Maybe another player might join the market with the void left by T. Cook if they have enough planes. There’s no real shortage of acommodations on the island also other countries will be interested in the vacant flight spots, an Italian budget airline has already announced they will fly across from Naples !!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:48:55 pm by tony welsh »

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 02:31:26 pm »
Interesting comments. Where are Dennis Studios ? Can't place them in relation to Danny's.