Author Topic: Prices next year  (Read 1102 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Prices next year
« on: November 11, 2019, 03:53:28 pm »
Just been looking at prices for next year June/July time they are extortionate hoping
They come down or we won't be going for sure  :'(

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
Re: Prices next year
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 04:24:36 pm »
Might be worth booking independently. After Thomas Cook went bust we booked with the accommodation owners where we were due to stay and got some late tui flights. Cost about the same in total as the package. Next may we've done the same but flying from Liverpool with easyjet, actually worked out a bit cheaper than the package. Booked flights last week for next October and got a bargain.
I suppose it depends where you want to stay and if they have any private rent rooms?

Cheers.          Tom and Rose

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 08:22:24 pm »
T.U.I. Package holidays for 2021 are out already for those that like to get in early l.o.l. !!!!

Chris and Dawn K

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 07:04:18 pm »
Hi everyone, We're new to the board, thankyou for letting us join, been going to Alykes for last ten or so years, We've been really lucky with a deal from Doncaster for a fortnight in June 2020
costing only 450 pp, agree that prices are way higher now, will look again after Christmas for September deal🤗🤗

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 09:07:06 pm »
Hi everyone, We're new to the board, thankyou for letting us join, been going to Alykes for last ten or so years, We've been really lucky with a deal from Doncaster for a fortnight in June 2020
costing only 450 pp, agree that prices are way higher now, will look again after Christmas for September deal🤗🤗

Welcome to the board guys  :)
Is that staying at the Avra? That sounds a fab deal well done  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 02:59:36 pm »
Might be worth booking independently. After Thomas Cook went bust we booked with the accommodation owners where we were due to stay and got some late tui flights. Cost about the same in total as the package. Next may we've done the same but flying from Liverpool with easyjet, actually worked out a bit cheaper than the package. Booked flights last week for next October and got a bargain.
I suppose it depends where you want to stay and if they have any private rent rooms?

Cheers.          Tom and Rose

I kind of like the package idea and everything being sorted. I dont live near any of the cheap airlines so I think flights would be very expensive to be honest. But if I was retired etc and could go whenever I think is a good idea

Chris and Dawn K

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 04:57:46 pm »
Thanks mari, We're staying over at Maria Studios, never stayed there before but all looks well, bit of a treck into village but We're never in a rush whilst in Alykes  :laugh:  :laugh:

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 07:28:38 pm »
Thanks mari, We're staying over at Maria Studios, never stayed there before but all looks well, bit of a treck into village but We're never in a rush whilst in Alykes  :laugh:  :laugh:

I've heard it's really nice there can't place exactly where it is but I'm sure it will be good. I wanted to stay at Ionian star end of June time come in at 1200 each  >:(X

Not stayed there before but looks nice.

Chris and Dawn K

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 06:12:23 pm »
Maria Hotel is at far end corner of salt flats, pass Clio and Panorama then turn left, around 15 min stroll into village, 1200 each seems excessive, although it is located right on beach  :) :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • My Photos
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 06:26:32 pm »

Great to have new members Chris/Dawn so welcome, there's not many of us still active compared to previous years but the few of us us left still fight the corner while most have decamped to Facebook and TripAdvisor. I like it here because we are all "friends" and pretty much know each other even if we've not met in real life, though I have met several people from here over the years. Hope you stick around, the more the merrier!

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 07:18:17 pm »
I can only reiterate what Mike has said and welcome both to this once very popular forum, its good to see new member participation.

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2019, 08:22:11 pm »
Too many people on that facetube thing. I don't/won't do it, I'm more than happy with this forum :)

Cheers.         Tom (no Rose this time)

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 06:58:06 pm »
We too have stayed at Maria's the two brothers plus one cousin who run it are great. Always ready for a chat whilst they get you a drink or snack and although it is a bit of a walk to the main Alykes street, as it is all on the flat, it's not too bad. When we were there we used to walk past a black labrador who was a really friendly dog, always ready to be fussed over when we walked past. He was chained up but could just about reach the wall.Good few years ago now so don't know if he is still there. Also it is great to have more people commenting on this site. My husband is on Facebook but I find it such a shallow social media site, full of adverts and people trying to outdo each other . Some of them, I'm sure are more concerned with the perfect pic rather than enjoying the experience they are trying to show. Obsessed by "likes"...I'm sure I'd get into trouble if I went on there as the things I say in my head when I go on my husband's Facebook page...well if I posted half of them...you can probably imagine   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chris and Dawn K

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 07:02:21 am »
Thank you all for a lovely warm welcome to this great forum, I personally used to use social media but eventually found it to be rather shallow, saw the Alykes page once or twice and didn't find it to be a true reflection on this lovely part of Greece, We're looking forward to sharing memories and stories with you all as regular Alykes returnees, thanks again, Chris and Dawn  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ladyhilly

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2019, 08:08:44 pm »
Found the prices for next year horrendous, so for the first time ever we have booked all independently, flights and studios.  I think many places now will go independent, cut out the middleman, financially better for the owners.