Author Topic: Prices next year  (Read 1100 times)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Prices next year
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2019, 08:44:56 pm »
Found the prices for next year horrendous, so for the first time ever we have booked all independently, flights and studios.  I think many places now will go independent, cut out the middleman, financially better for the owners.

Welcome to the party! Not had a package since 2007 ourselves (no criticism of anyone intended, I know packages are the better option for many).

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2019, 08:47:34 am »
Another benefit is getting to Alykes in 25 minutes in a taxi rather than over an our on a package coach

Cheers.             Tom and Rose

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2019, 10:38:39 am »
Got flight and private apartments booked for me for next May and have done this for the last few years, it has always worked out around £100-£150 ish dearer than previous cheapest package costs, but I get to stay at the apartments I want, but have to factor in paying the same price as two people for the room and Taxi for 1 person.
I do still always check out the cost of packages to see if there are any "bargains" to be had.  Still "sitting on the fence" at the moment for booking end Sept into early Oct for next year. Cheapest flight I can now get is £280 ish with EJ down in Bristol, Jet2 want well over £300 and Tui want over £400 from Bham, /East Mids.  Olympic packages for a week have gone through the roof, Tui have the odd one or two at a reasonable  price and so do Jet2 ,but in the main they have all gone up.

Waiting now to see what Easyjet come up with when they launch their new "holiday" website . No rush, so it may mean I will leave it until after Christmas, unless I suddenly spot a good flight price from the right airport OR package cost at the right apartments :-\

Welcome to the board Chris and Dawn K, always good to have new members on here and your holiday at £450 each for a fortnight is an absolute bargain :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 10:59:13 am by Al »
If you wish upon a star. It makes no difference like AT ALL

TONY(DODGY)

• Manche führen manche folgen
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Before you feed yourself, feed your soul.
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2019, 11:10:21 am »
Hi all, prices for next season have gone through the roof. Now I have been going to Alykes since 2007 and I always stay at the Nikos, and for myself I thought prices came in a reasonable price. Now next year things have changed I decided to have a slight change so I have booked the Panos for 3 weeks arriving 25th July.... Price wise considering this is when the kids are starting their summer break I have paid just a tad over £1900 which I think is not too bad and that is with Jet2. I know some with think £1900 is a lot but I get stung for single supplements, my other half reckons I have got a good deal for the time of the year I am going.
I am really a nice person, eccentric bordering on the mad.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2019, 09:02:32 pm »
Hi all, prices for next season have gone through the roof. Now I have been going to Alykes since 2007 and I always stay at the Nikos, and for myself I thought prices came in a reasonable price. Now next year things have changed I decided to have a slight change so I have booked the Panos for 3 weeks arriving 25th July.... Price wise considering this is when the kids are starting their summer break I have paid just a tad over £1900 which I think is not too bad and that is with Jet2. I know some with think £1900 is a lot but I get stung for single supplements, my other half reckons I have got a good deal for the time of the year I am going.

1900 is that for two of you?  :)

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2019, 02:31:12 pm »
We're all booked up for June 2020 staying in Alykanas, booked with Tui and price not too bad.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2019, 03:22:51 pm »
Both of our next years Zakynthos trips are booked for June and Aug/Sept. As we have done for many years now we book directly with our acommodation owners in Alykanas and seperate flights are booked normally with Easyjet well in advance from Bristol. This year we had a couple of extra trips flying with T. Cook from Bristol (a surprise trip kindly booked by our daughter). In October we took an extra week with a T.U.I. flight only from Cardiff as the flight was very cheap just before T. Cook went bust.

Chris and Dawn K

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2019, 07:51:39 pm »
Got flight and private apartments booked for me for next May and have done this for the last few years, it has always worked out around £100-£150 ish dearer than previous cheapest package costs, but I get to stay at the apartments I want, but have to factor in paying the same price as two people for the room and Taxi for 1 person.
I do still always check out the cost of packages to see if there are any "bargains" to be had.  Still "sitting on the fence" at the moment for booking end Sept into early Oct for next year. Cheapest flight I can now get is £280 ish with EJ down in Bristol, Jet2 want well over £300 and Tui want over £400 from Bham, /East Mids.  Olympic packages for a week have gone through the roof, Tui have the odd one or two at a reasonable  price and so do Jet2 ,but in the main they have all gone up.

Waiting now to see what Easyjet come up with when they launch their new "holiday" website . No rush, so it may mean I will leave it until after Christmas, unless I suddenly spot a good flight price from the right airport OR package cost at the right apartments :-\

Welcome to the board Chris and Dawn K, always good to have new members on here and your holiday at £450 each for a fortnight is an absolute bargain :)

Chris and Dawn K

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2019, 08:10:38 pm »
Thank you for your warm welcome Al, over the years we've had some good bargains for our Alykes holidays, we've also paid a little more sometimes, we don't tend to mind too much as it always seems to even itself out over the season, due to our work commitments we tend to book 10 or so months in advance, occasionally this may get us that year's price which is usually a bit cheaper than booking closer to the time, never have we not had more than value for money, the people alone make the whole holiday more than worthwhile, we've tried other destinations in the past but after a few days we always wished that we'd booked Alykes :laugh: :laugh:
Good luck with your search Al, hope it works out well for you :laugh: :laugh:

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2019, 02:51:26 pm »
Thank you for your warm welcome Al, over the years we've had some good bargains for our Alykes holidays, we've also paid a little more sometimes, we don't tend to mind too much as it always seems to even itself out over the season, due to our work commitments we tend to book 10 or so months in advance, occasionally this may get us that year's price which is usually a bit cheaper than booking closer to the time, never have we not had more than value for money, the people alone make the whole holiday more than worthwhile, we've tried other destinations in the past but after a few days we always wished that we'd booked Alykes :laugh: :laugh:

We are exactly the same talk about going other places etc but nothing compares to alykes/alykanas. Hopefully we will get something suitable but looks like they've stopped flying on a Sunday which is our preferred day of flying which is annoying. I'll start getting excited when we have something booked but for now it's too expensive for us  :'(

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2019, 02:53:28 pm »
Both of our next years Zakynthos trips are booked for June and Aug/Sept. As we have done for many years now we book directly with our acommodation owners in Alykanas and seperate flights are booked normally with Easyjet well in advance from Bristol. This year we had a couple of extra trips flying with T. Cook from Bristol (a surprise trip kindly booked by our daughter). In October we took an extra week with a T.U.I. flight only from Cardiff as the flight was very cheap just before T. Cook went bust.

You are so lucky to get there so much you might beat that record next year Tony  :)
Wish I lived somewhere near cheap flight airlines

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2019, 02:54:56 pm »
We're all booked up for June 2020 staying in Alykanas, booked with Tui and price not too bad.

Oooh are you going to the white house again? Must be good having something already booked. We are looking end June beginning July time.

Chris and Dawn K

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2019, 07:29:34 pm »

We are exactly the same talk about going other places etc but nothing compares to alykes/alykanas. Hopefully we will get something suitable but looks like they've stopped flying on a Sunday which is our preferred day of flying which is annoying. I'll start getting excited when we have something booked but for now it's too expensive for us  :'(

Hope you get something sorted mari :) :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2019, 02:50:45 pm »
Thanks don't usually book until Xmas after Xmas anyway so hopefully  :)

Rab B

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2019, 04:06:25 pm »
Booked for 7th July next year at the Akis for 2weeks ,the refurbishment of the rooms and pool area are fantastic as are the managers and staff .Booked with Olympic and flying from Newcastle with Tui. Flew from Edinburgh this year so next years holiday acually a tad cheaper, sorry we are going to miss you again Tony