Author Topic: End September  (Read 1339 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
End September
« on: December 31, 2019, 08:21:48 am »
Has anyone been the end of September? What can we expect weather wise. Work seems booked up for annual leave early September so gonna have to look at end of.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: End September
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 08:33:23 am »
All the time Mari, my 2nd visit of the year is always end of Sept, early Oct. Weather can be a little mixed, some years brilliant others have been sometimes a little iffy even had a tornado come down the Katastari road one year, but in the main still OK. Temps can be anything from low to high 20s. Resort is a little quieter, so no probs getting a table at most restaurants. Sea temps  still warm. Just take a light weight fleece for evenings as they can at times cool off a bit but are usually warmer than early May when I also go . If it rains you can get one of those plastic poncho things which can be useful for getting from Bar to restaurant, restaurant to bar etc. or I just  take a lightweight waterproof jacket which some years never comes out of the case,  ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 01:05:56 pm by Al »

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 09:57:33 am »
All the time Mari, my 2nd visit of the year is always end of Sept, early Oct. Weather can be a little mixed, some years brilliant others have been sometimes a little iffy even had a tornado come down the Katastari road one year, but in the main still OK. Temps can be anything from low to high 20s. Resort is a little quieter, so no probs getting a table at most restaurants. Sea temps  still warm. Just take a light weight fleece for evenings as they can at times cool off a bit but are usually warmer than early May when I also go . If it rains you can get one of those plastic poncho things which can be useful for getting from Bar to restaurant, restaurant to bar etc. or I just  take a lightweight waterproof jacket which some years never comes out of the case,  ;)

Thanks September seems to be a popular time of year in my new job and they've only just said we can start to book which is annoying but saying that went July last year and had two days of torrential rain and it was cold so you never know. Still looks as expensive as the summer to go aswell which has surprised me. Thinking about staying in alykanas this time as we don't mind walking between both resorts. Will be nice to get a table in that nice restaurant on the bridge. It's only 1st jan and am already getting in the holiday mode lol.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 10:52:42 am »
Thanks September seems to be a popular time of year in my new job and they've only just said we can start to book which is annoying but saying that went July last year and had two days of torrential rain and it was cold so you never know. Still looks as expensive as the summer to go aswell which has surprised me. Thinking about staying in alykanas this time as we don't mind walking between both resorts. Will be nice to get a table in that nice restaurant on the bridge. It's only 1st jan and am already getting in the holiday mode lol.

Prices do seem dearer this year but with less competition that's only to be expected. Not sure where you want to fly from but Jet2 from Bham have some allright prices (at the Mo and some on the pricey side ) but some  Std 2 * type properties 2 weeks 2 persons Wed 23rd Sept  around the 1000+ total, so don't think that is bad at all :-\
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 10:55:43 am by Al »

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 05:10:39 pm »

Prices do seem dearer this year but with less competition that's only to be expected. Not sure where you want to fly from but Jet2 from Bham have some allright prices (at the Mo and some on the pricey side ) but some  Std 2 * type properties 2 weeks 2 persons Wed 23rd Sept  around the 1000+ total, so don't think that is bad at all :-\
Thanks we prefer to go East Midlands but would consider Birmingham/Doncaster/Manchester will have a look thanks. cant book yet as my holidays not yet confirmed but once they are will book.  :)

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 09:59:12 pm »
Agreed about the unpredictable weather late in the season. October is our favourite time to go. However this October just gone, 11th to 25th, we had wall to wall sunshine every day and not one drop of rain.
It can be a lottery but we like how quiet it is then. Almost like our own personal resort  ;)

Cheers.         Tom and Rose

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 10:49:56 pm »
Agreed about the unpredictable weather late in the season. October is our favourite time to go. However this October just gone, 11th to 25th, we had wall to wall sunshine every day and not one drop of rain.
It can be a lottery but we like how quiet it is then. Almost like our own personal resort  ;)

Our first three visits were October (2004/5/7) when we were on a much smaller budget than we find ourselves now, and we loved every time. Not been back that late since but maybe we should try. I remember one of those we were at Grapevines and we had the pool and bar virtually to ourselves, felt like royalty.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 02:17:02 pm »
We are now deciding between alykes/alykanas we like both and visit both. We prefer alykes beach and love buca bar but also love the bars and restaurants of alykanas. Bit gutted can't fly on a Sunday anymore though.

Defiantly think out of season way forward as is started to get a little too busy in season so will be happier if it's a bit quieter. Am quite limited in available hotels now but as long as get there we will cope.

Happy new year all and let the holiday countdown begin again  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 02:18:18 pm »

Where do you guys stay? Yes I like ge sound of that  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 02:23:17 pm »

Our first three visits were October (2004/5/7) when we were on a much smaller budget than we find ourselves now, and we loved every time. Not been back that late since but maybe we should try. I remember one of those we were at Grapevines and we had the pool and bar virtually to ourselves, felt like royalty.

Yes sounds lovely maybe its a blessing to go later in year. bliss all I want is to relax am on my feet all the time at work  :)

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2020, 02:30:58 pm »

Beach House in Alykes, just past the salt flats. The owners also have the Virago bar which is sort of on site and is opposite the Apollo taverna. The Beach House studios are then set in grounds between the bar and the beach, you can't hear the bar from the rooms. One block overlooks the sea, no more than 5 second walk from the front of the rooms.
They used to be with Thomas Cook but are now with Jet 2

Cheers.           Tom and Rose

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 08:10:31 pm »

Beach House in Alykes, just past the salt flats. The owners also have the Virago bar which is sort of on site and is opposite the Apollo taverna. The Beach House studios are then set in grounds between the bar and the beach, you can't hear the bar from the rooms. One block overlooks the sea, no more than 5 second walk from the front of the rooms.
They used to be with Thomas Cook but are now with Jet 2

Cheers.           Tom and Rose

Sounds lovely we have stayed sea view a few years ago. Love that restaurant and we visited a bar down the street next to it dolphin bar I think it's called was lovely.  :)

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2020, 08:44:30 pm »
The dolphin bar has always been closed for the season when we usually go. We're going in May as well as October this year so fingers crossed we'll catch it open  :D

Cheers.          Tom and Rose

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2020, 09:31:43 am »

Thanks we prefer to go East Midlands but would consider Birmingham/Doncaster/Manchester will have a look thanks. cant book yet as my holidays not yet confirmed but once they are will book.  :)

Sent PM

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2020, 12:26:09 pm »
We have been here late September from 25th and mostly the weather was excellent, still warm. We did have a cloudy day, went on the little train trip then and also we had one day of torrential rain so were very lucky. I'd take a chance on end September again as it is great to experience a quieter resort and beach.