Author Topic: Alykes/alykanas  (Read 2434 times)

Andy_H

• Offline Offline
Re: Alykes/alykanas
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2020, 11:00:07 pm »
Got three trips booked this year. We always book a main two weeks in August package a year or so in advance to make sure we've got time to pay for it! That's always our main family holiday, although this year it had to be hastily rearranged after the demise of Thomas Cook - we usually stay at Danny's, so ended up rearranging to stay in Dennis Apartments where we have never stayed before. The one silver lining to the whole Thomas Cook thing was that we ended up needing to book for 18 nights rather than 14 because of flight prices - oh well  ;D

Other trips are always dependent on flight prices as we do those DIY

Mrs H and I are fortunate in that my in-laws live on the south coast and they like to have our boys for a "holiday" there with them every year, so this enables the wife and I to have a week in Alykanas to ourselves, assuming we are able to get reasonably priced flights. This year I got up in the middle of the night when Easyjet released their flights and managed to get return flights and baggage in the school hols in July for the wife and I for under 300 in total. Staying at Draganikos - we tried there last year for the first time and really liked it. I think Anastasia persuaded us to give it a go   :laugh:

Weren't going to have another trip but got really lucky a few weeks ago when Easyjet added an extra flight from Bristol for this year, they didn't advertise it, I just spotted it on Skyscanner - so also managed to grab a bonus week for the four of us for May half term. Staying at Dennis Apartments again - their 2 bedroom studio was good value.

Counted up while I was reading this thread that May will be our 15th visit to Alykanas - somewhat shamefully, even after 14 visits we've seen relatively little outside of the resort. We've ventured over to Alykes for a walk along the beach a couple of times, eaten at Paradosiako and Potami, had breakfast at Fidelio and had played mini golf a couple of times at Iris Bar. Oh, and we've been to the water park in Sarakinado a couple of times, but that's really it. Never explored the island much, never spent an evening anywhere other than Alykanas - I know we should expand our horizons a bit, but we love Alykanas so much, we relax the moment we get there and never seem to want to stray too far from there.

Sounds brill bet you can't wait  :).

Absolutely can't wait. Alykanas trips are always the highlight of our year  ;D

Really need someone to convince us to try to explore a bit more of the island though. We'll be there for 32 nights in total this year - I always have good intentions of trying something new, but then we get there and we see the people we love, eat the food we've missed, relax in the sun and have a few drinks and we find that we don't want to move out of the resort. Maybe this will be the year that we have a night out in Alykes at least?

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2020, 01:28:06 pm »
You will have a great time wherever you roam, I'm sure . Please try Alykes though as it's so close to Alykanas and a lovely resort to wander through. There is a campsite at the very far end to wander through as the different holiday mobile homes there are a treat. The beach here too is brilliant and a great selection of bars and tavernas.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2020, 10:04:00 pm »
You will have a great time wherever you roam, I'm sure . Please try Alykes though as it's so close to Alykanas and a lovely resort to wander through. There is a campsite at the very far end to wander through as the different holiday mobile homes there are a treat. The beach here too is brilliant and a great selection of bars and tavernas.

Never walked through campsite although stayed at seaview once. Love alykes beach especially buca bar. Do like palm tree for rose wine but a man last year was in an act when I went to the toilet and it made me never want to use their loos again  :'(

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2020, 10:06:58 pm »
We used to explore but in my job on my feet all day and other half has a long commute so like you happy to chill now  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2020, 10:08:27 pm »
Alykanas, just the once, arriving early June for two weeks of bliss. We never tire of this place and are so pleased the issues with the demise of Thomas Cook have, for some accommodations been resolved with Tui taking over. People ask us why we keep going back to the same place every year. Doh...we enjoy it !!! It's like having a holiday home there only no need to face bills, maintainance issues, gardening, cleaning etc , just unpack and relax. :)

Well other half wanted to explore other places but since went to Crete he's realised nothing beats Zante  :laugh: