Author Topic: The Greek Islands with Julia Bradbury  (Read 1518 times)

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: The Greek Islands with Julia Bradbury
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 09:35:35 am »
Yes, forgot to mention the very innovative fishermen and the recycling of plastic from the ocean bed...one of them said a plastic bottle he picked up was a different colour and had the date faintly 1987 which brings home how our oceans and other natural areas are being destroyed by the overwhelming amount of plastic. It is soul destroying and even though every one of us attempts to do our bit it is a mammoth task.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2020, 10:47:14 pm »
Iíve just read on other social media that thereís a new series starting about people that have relocated to Greece. This new series begins next Tuesday night (11th) on Channel 5 at 10p.m. with the 1st episode featuring Crete. I hope itís better than this one being discussed in this thread  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:49:37 pm by tony welsh »

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 09:57:09 pm »
Iíve just read on other social media that thereís a new series starting about people that have relocated to Greece. This new series begins next Tuesday night (11th) on Channel 5 at 10p.m. with the 1st episode featuring Crete. I hope itís better than this one being discussed in this thread  ;D ;D ;D ;D

We'll be real it's channel 5

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 10:10:41 am »

That will be this one:- https://www.channel5.com/show/my-new-greek-life/

A little too late for me as past my bedtime, as my alarm goes off at 04.30 for work , will have a look at it on catchup etc. ::)

Best thing about Julia's series is that it had made me more determined to visit other islands, so far I have not really had the time ( or the holiday budget), unless I cut one of my weeks on Zakynthos, which  strange as it is, makes me feel guilty and regretful if I do.  :-\

However the time is fast approaching when I will have a little more time, so must get the visits done whilst I can, there are an awful lot of islands.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2020, 02:13:56 pm »

That will be this one:- https://www.channel5.com/show/my-new-greek-life/

A little too late for me as past my bedtime, as my alarm goes off at 04.30 for work , will have a look at it on catchup etc. ::)

Best thing about Julia's series is that it had made me more determined to visit other islands, so far I have not really had the time ( or the holiday budget), unless I cut one of my weeks on Zakynthos, which  strange as it is, makes me feel guilty and regretful if I do.  :-\

However the time is fast approaching when I will have a little more time, so must get the visits done whilst I can, there are an awful lot of islands.

Al I feel your pain if I'm on day shifts I'm up at 5  :'(

Yes we agree as much as we live Zante we are trying other places too. Went to Gouves last year in Crete aswell as Zante. Nice to go to places not been before even though heart belongs in Zante.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2020, 11:12:35 pm »

It's rubbish

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2020, 11:35:55 pm »

It's rubbish
Yep must agree, very poor indeed.

zantefunbex

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2020, 04:49:28 pm »
Was a bit disappointed with the series, as much as its lovely to see the unspoiled areas of the islands she didn't give much information on the other parts where people are more likely to be staying. The episodes weren't very long either.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2020, 12:51:44 pm »
Was a bit disappointed with the series, as much as its lovely to see the unspoiled areas of the islands she didn't give much information on the other parts where people are more likely to be staying. The episodes weren't very long either.

Wasn't that the whole point of the series though, to show real Greece and not "tourist traps"? Not that I saw any of it.

zantefunbex

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2020, 04:39:14 pm »
it was more about she liked to see and do while on hoilday

Wasn't that the whole point of the series though, to show real Greece and not "tourist traps"? Not that I saw any of it.