Author Topic: Can't wait for season to start ......  (Read 1460 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Can't wait for season to start ......
« on: February 10, 2020, 02:10:53 pm »
This miserable weather need the sun to start shining........

Other half recovering from op and still awaiting results but then we can get excited for holidays  :)

looking at a week in Kefalonia too been to lassi before but looking at Skala  :)

shreddie-eddie

• Offline Offline
Re: Can't wait for season to start ......
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 11:16:15 pm »
We stayed in Skala about 5 years ago,really enjoyed it,nice beach,nice bars and restaurants.We would definitely go back.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 03:26:02 pm »
We stayed in Skala about 5 years ago,really enjoyed it,nice beach,nice bars and restaurants.We would definitely go back.

That sounds our bag thank you. As much as we still love Zante we are going to aim for more out of season as it is changing so much in peak times for the worse  :)
I know most of you go out of season anyway

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 10:17:40 pm »

That sounds our bag thank you. As much as we still love Zante we are going to aim for more out of season as it is changing so much in peak times for the worse  :)

Not thinking of Zakynthos just yet; made our final final payment on our Skye holiday in April/May so got key collection instructions. Totally isolated, no bars or restaurants anywhere near, pub three miles away; nearest supermarket 17 miles but a very nice beach apparently (not that we'll be lying on it). Not everyone's cup of tea but really looking forward to it, it's an astonishingly beautiful island.

Once home from that we'll get ready for September (may be more beer drunk) ;D.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 03:25:47 pm »

Not thinking of Zakynthos just yet; made our final final payment on our Skye holiday in April/May so got key collection instructions. Totally isolated, no bars or restaurants anywhere near, pub three miles away; nearest supermarket 17 miles but a very nice beach apparently (not that we'll be lying on it). Not everyone's cup of tea but really looking forward to it, it's an astonishingly beautiful island.

Once home from that we'll get ready for September (may be more beer drunk) ;D.

That sounds lovely and very nice and peaceful.  :)

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 05:09:35 pm »
Isolated destinations sound perfect for a short stay so Skye would be fantastic. Thinking of Kefalonia , we have stayed at Svoronata here. It is a resort quite close to the airport so transfers about 15 minutes and the aircraft not a bother at all. Svoronata is a quiet place with a few decent tavernas and bars but it is easy to hire a car and explore this island. Another Greek island we love and hopefully will return to soon.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 04:44:09 pm »
Isolated destinations sound perfect for a short stay so Skye would be fantastic. Thinking of Kefalonia , we have stayed at Svoronata here. It is a resort quite close to the airport so transfers about 15 minutes and the aircraft not a bother at all. Svoronata is a quiet place with a few decent tavernas and bars but it is easy to hire a car and explore this island. Another Greek island we love and hopefully will return to soon.

I'd love to visit Kefalonia but have a crippling fear of heights so some of the roads there would have me paralysed; that's no exaggeration, it's true. Allied to the fact that my wife is scared of heights as well (and doesn't drive anyway) our exploration options would be seriously curtailed. Literally if I see a sign to the shipwreck viewing platform I have to remind myself to breath. I was actually going through therapy for it about seven years ago but then got my cancer diagnosis which kind of took over my life; I'd love to get over it because it does limit my life. I'd driven to a place in the Pyrenees to see some cave paintings years ago but when we got there and I saw the approach road and wouldn't go near it.

Sorry, rambling :-X.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 09:57:43 pm »

I'd love to visit Kefalonia but have a crippling fear of heights so some of the roads there would have me paralysed; that's no exaggeration, it's true. Allied to the fact that my wife is scared of heights as well (and doesn't drive anyway) our exploration options would be seriously curtailed. Literally if I see a sign to the shipwreck viewing platform I have to remind myself to breath. I was actually going through therapy for it about seven years ago but then got my cancer diagnosis which kind of took over my life; I'd love to get over it because it does limit my life. I'd driven to a place in the Pyrenees to see some cave paintings years ago but when we got there and I saw the approach road and wouldn't go near it.

Sorry, rambling :-X.

Ah that's a shame but I think it's hard enough driving abroad without being nervous etc. That's understandable with your diagnosis but sometimes fears are hard to overcome

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 12:14:47 pm »
Heights are not my thing either so understand how something like this would affect you. Even with an organised coach trip I couldn't say you would definitely avoid mountain roads. When we visited Argostoli, the capital, we had to drive through mountainous terrain too. Some tourists were arriving by ferry whilst we were at Fiskardo so maybe ferry would be an option to see parts of the island if you decide to venture there. :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 03:18:39 pm »
Heights are not my thing either so understand how something like this would affect you. Even with an organised coach trip I couldn't say you would definitely avoid mountain roads. When we visited Argostoli, the capital, we had to drive through mountainous terrain too. Some tourists were arriving by ferry whilst we were at Fiskardo so maybe ferry would be an option to see parts of the island if you decide to venture there. :)

Thanks for that Sophia; it's really annoying and I don't know where it's come from, never used to bother me at all. I've done parachute jumps and loved it.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 01:48:08 pm »

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 11:01:31 pm »

Argostoli is lovely isn't it such a shame to miss

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2020, 11:07:07 pm »

Good life is too short to stay in same place  :)