Author Topic: Oceanic chill bar no more.  (Read 636 times)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Oceanic chill bar no more.
« on: March 25, 2020, 01:28:48 pm »
After many successful Seasons serving the holidaymakers and locals alike at his Oceanic chill bar Kevin has called it a day. You can read his parting blog here in the link below:-  http://oceanicbarzante.blogspot.com/2020/03/this-is-end-my-lovely-friends-end.html

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: Oceanic chill bar no more.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 01:52:37 pm »
Really sad news to hear that the bar is closing, Popped in there whenever I was down that way( not often enough and too late now),. Definitely one of a kind but everything has to move on. :(

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 02:46:48 pm »
Much the same as us Al, whenever we were down in the South of the island for the day we popped in there for a few early evening drinks before returning back up to Alykanas. The wife got to drink his fabulous cocktails whilst I was on a couple of glasses of shandy. She was usually asleep well before we had driven back up to Alykanas l.o.l.  :( :( :(

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 03:07:00 pm »
Shame this. Only met Kev twice, first time in Tropicana many moons ago and then once at Oceanic. We were the first customers in when he opened one day so he was able to sit and chat for a bit, nice guy and wish him well for the future. Like you Tony I was driving but my wife tucked in to the cocktails (and I had the odd "sample").

Plum Duff

• Do unto others before they do it unto you.
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 10:02:45 am »
You'll be missed Kevin. Cheers for now.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 05:05:12 pm »
Awww, we'll miss you Kev but you have your priorities right for your family. I'll never forget the wonderful, special hot chocolate you made for me when I was feeling under the weather and your kindness and good spirits. You're one of the best so good luck and keep safe and well. :)