Author Topic: Messageboard  (Read 1200 times)

AlanF

• Offline Offline
Messageboard
« on: April 14, 2020, 11:45:35 am »
Great to see the forum up and running, we need as much information as possible at the present time. So many people have booked holidays for Alykes/Alykanas or will want to as soon as things begin to get back to normal.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Re: Messageboard
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 01:50:05 pm »
Thereís a very informative and accurate thread running on Tripadvisor at the moment. It includes updates on plans set out as regardís to future travel to Greece by the Greek government. Hereís a link to the latest page (11) which makes for interesting reading:-  https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189398-i192-k13278343-o100-Greece_and_Covid_19_situation-Greece.html

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 04:32:56 pm »
The Greek police are taking the restrictions very seriously 150 Euro fine if you get caught and it's getting doubled to 300 Euro over Greek Easter

https://greece.greekreporter.com/2020/04/10/greek-police-sets-checkpoints-at-ports-highways-to-halt-easter-exodus/

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 04:52:12 pm »
For those that arenít aware, the Greek Easter this years falls a week after our Easter in the U.K. Greek Easter Sunday is on 19th April.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 01:36:27 pm »
Thanks for all the info. I've been quite lost when I coudn't log on to Zante Message Board.

Sonia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I love Alikanas
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 09:34:31 am »
I used to use this messageboard all the time years ago, only recently found out that it's still running.  I'll be checking in every day from now on. :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 01:14:10 pm »
I used to use this messageboard all the time years ago, only recently found out that it's still running.  I'll be checking in every day from now on. :)

Spread the word Sonia, good to have you back!

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 02:37:51 pm »
Nice to see you back on here Sonia👏👏👏👏

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 06:26:45 pm »
Hey, perhaps my query on TA has raised the profile of Zante Message Board.....I hope so. :)

Sonia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I love Alikanas
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 08:07:22 am »

Spread the word Sonia, good to have you back!

Thanks Mike, good to be back.

Sonia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I love Alikanas
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2020, 08:08:14 am »
Thanks Tony, good to be back.  May see you in Alykanas August/September.

Sonia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I love Alikanas
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2020, 08:10:18 am »
Hey, perhaps my query on TA has raised the profile of Zante Message Board.....I hope so. :)

Without your post Sophia, I wouldn't have known that the site was still working, so thank you.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2020, 09:05:37 am »
Sincerely hope so Sonia, we were due out tomorrow for the Greek Easter. I donít think weíll be going for our usual June trip but fingers and everything else crossed for our late August holiday.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2020, 02:53:02 pm »
Hope you are able to celebrate Greek Easter at home Tony ( imagine a table laid with painted red eggs, Greek treats and maybe roasted lamb on Easter Sunday) and maybe be able to go next year . In 2021 it is 02nd May.

Sonia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I love Alikanas
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2020, 09:10:16 am »
Sincerely hope so Sonia, we were due out tomorrow for the Greek Easter. I donít think weíll be going for our usual June trip but fingers and everything else crossed for our late August holiday.

I was due to go to Crete yesterday and was really looking forward to experiencing a Greek Easter.

We're due to go to Alykanas 23rd May so that is definitely off and although I could move it, I still think June and even July may be a bit too soon so I'll hopefully get a refund from Easyjet. Have 29th August booked and feeling hopeful.