Author Topic: Just for fun  (Read 346 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Just for fun
« on: May 11, 2020, 02:28:47 pm »
You've just arrived -

What do you do and where do you go for the rest of the day?

We will probably unpack then head down to bar where we are staying for a mythos then maybe have walk round

Sometimes have a nap as we Fly early then head out for meal and drinks - as we are staying in alykanas this time maybe levantes or vrisaki for first meal and drinks Zeus Cuba Dna - all over  :)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Re: Just for fun
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 02:44:14 pm »
 Cuba, Zues, Vrisaki, are very regular haunts of ours. Weíve not been in Levante for many years, no reason why we havenít so maybe a long overdue meal in there is due if/when we get over next. Iím feeling less optomistic about our late August trip going ahead now 😥😥😥😥😥 !!

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 03:11:03 pm »
It's not fun cos I should be there :'(

But

Unpack all bags and put stuff away. Change out of jeans etc. into shorts, T shirt and walking sandles. Down to Iris bar for Mythos or glass of draft white wine. Then go get pre-written out shopping list and stroll over to Alykes supermarket on salt flats and get supplies. call into Montes supermarket if not got everything. Back to room stock fridge etc. Back down to Levante supermarket in Katastari road and pick up 6 pack of water ( cos its too heavy to drag back from salt flats.) Then get over to Costas bar just over the Pentacamaro bridge for another mythos etc. Then in evening down to Fidelios for first meal of the holiday, then back up to the Iris bar and stay there until it is the next day ( it's the law ) ;D

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 06:53:14 pm »
If we're picking up hire car from airport and we're not too knackered by early start might hit Lidl for supplies before heading to Alykanas; once unpacked it'll be Mythos o'clock so take the two minute walk to Shoestring for lunch. ;D

If we've got a taxi across I'll normally leave wife to unpack while I go out with my haggling hat on to find a car and then go Shoestring for lunch. If we're still conscious by the early evening (I mean due to tiredness rather than alcohol) we'll go to Vrisaki as soon as it opens and then back for an early night, possibly via a nightcap at Epsilon.

The weight of the World lifts off my shoulders as soon as we get off the plane and in the past, walking down the road to find a hire car I literally laugh out loud because we're "home" again. That's the one thing that concerns me this year, if we're there and the virus is still a worry (which I'm certain it will be) the feeling can't be the same.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 03:15:26 pm »
Cuba, Zues, Vrisaki, are very regular haunts of ours. Weíve not been in Levante for many years, no reason why we havenít so maybe a long overdue meal in there is due if/when we get over next. Iím feeling less optomistic about our late August trip going ahead now 😥😥😥😥😥 !!

I've just woke up to read all the news of likely no foreign travel this year  :'(

I think levante was first ever restaurant we ate in so kind of has become a tradition.

Its so sad nothing to look forward to   :'(

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 03:17:13 pm »
It's not fun cos I should be there :'(

But

Unpack all bags and put stuff away. Change out of jeans etc. into shorts, T shirt and walking sandles. Down to Iris bar for Mythos or glass of draft white wine. Then go get pre-written out shopping list and stroll over to Alykes supermarket on salt flats and get supplies. call into Montes supermarket if not got everything. Back to room stock fridge etc. Back down to Levante supermarket in Katastari road and pick up 6 pack of water ( cos its too heavy to drag back from salt flats.) Then get over to Costas bar just over the Pentacamaro bridge for another mythos etc. Then in evening down to Fidelios for first meal of the holiday, then back up to the Iris bar and stay there until it is the next day ( it's the law ) ;D

Sounds a good plan. Love the iris bar aswell such a nice setting.
I know it's just so depressing not having any holidays to look forward to.

Hope you sorted your work situation out

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 03:20:11 pm »
If we're picking up hire car from airport and we're not too knackered by early start might hit Lidl for supplies before heading to Alykanas; once unpacked it'll be Mythos o'clock so take the two minute walk to Shoestring for lunch. ;D

If we've got a taxi across I'll normally leave wife to unpack while I go out with my haggling hat on to find a car and then go Shoestring for lunch. If we're still conscious by the early evening (I mean due to tiredness rather than alcohol) we'll go to Vrisaki as soon as it opens and then back for an early night, possibly via a nightcap at Epsilon.

The weight of the World lifts off my shoulders as soon as we get off the plane and in the past, walking down the road to find a hire car I literally laugh out loud because we're "home" again. That's the one thing that concerns me this year, if we're there and the virus is still a worry (which I'm certain it will be) the feeling can't be the same.

Amazing being so close to shoestring. Sounds a great plan.
The atmosphere would be very different the fear from everyone aswell it would not feel the same.
I just hope next year we can bounce back.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 01:33:34 pm »
If this is over soon and we could go to Alykanas but with social distancing, when going to tavernas think the resourceful Greeks would serve people using one of those long handled pizza shovels. Could get a whole order of food, drinks and bread on one of those with of course staggered mealtimes pre booked of course  ;D

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 06:26:15 am »

If this is over soon and we could go to Alykanas but with social distancing, when going to tavernas think the resourceful Greeks would serve people using one of those long handled pizza shovels. Could get a whole order of food, drinks and bread on one of those with of course staggered mealtimes pre booked of course  ;D

:laugh: :laugh: good idea ah it will be so wierd won't it

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 11:25:19 am »

:laugh: :laugh: good idea ah it will be so wierd won't it
It will be very strange. Interesting to see how the first visitors find it. Can you imagine being on one of the first flights there this year? I don't think I would be concerned about going there. It would be so lovely just to have our (un)usual holiday  ;D