Author Topic: Lidl  (Read 516 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Lidl
« on: May 23, 2020, 02:28:33 pm »
So queued at lidl today - no special NHS times as far as I'm aware and there was no mythos left at all  :'(

On a positive I thought the shop managed well one person per trolley and not met let in at once.
It's not my favourite place to shop though but was nice for a change.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Lidl
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 09:09:16 pm »
So queued at lidl today - no special NHS times as far as I'm aware and there was no mythos left at all  :'(

On a positive I thought the shop managed well one person per trolley and not met let in at once.
It's not my favourite place to shop though but was nice for a change.

I like to shop at Lidl and Aldi under normal circumstances because they do a lot of decent stuff and are much cheaper than the big guys but I've not been in the last couple of months; they just don't have the size to make distancing possible. We are doing a "big" shop every Sunday in Morrison's (me and my son as wife is still isolating) and that seems a good day and not too crowded around 2.00; they also don't have the Tesco one way system which makes life easier. Are they right or wrong? Who knows.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 07:59:59 am »
Morrisons around here is being slated for how bad it is but I've not been in I'm thinking I should as they are giving NHS staff 10 per cent off. I used to shop at morrisons years ago I lived elsewhere but I felt it got more expensive etc.  I just hate going shopping now people are selfish and some just come right up to without social distancing. I don't look at prices just put whatever in the trolley and get out now.
I'm constantly looking for flour for my mum aswell it's in short supply  :'(

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 08:51:24 am »
The wife is a National Health manager and uses Morrison’s quite often. She has taken advantage of the “NH” discount scheme and dedicated shopping hours. Their social separation systems in place are comparable to other supermarkets. What has really annoyed her is bloody Tesco’s that are still enforcing rationing with some goods despite the ludicrously ridiculous panic buying by the British public being over when this virus threat emerged a few months ago. On Saturday the wife popped in the very local to us branch of Tesco’s to pick up a few essentials and she had to leave a few tins of tomatoes at the checkout there. She was rationed to just 3 tins despite the shelves of various brands being brimming full she said. We use many tins of tomatoes weekly in our household with the making of curries, spaghetti sauces, chilli’s etc and this rationing is just nuts, grhhhhh !!!!!

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 03:01:24 pm »
The wife is a National Health manager and uses Morrison’s quite often. She has taken advantage of the “NH” discount scheme and dedicated shopping hours. Their social separation systems in place are comparable to other supermarkets. What has really annoyed her is bloody Tesco’s that are still enforcing rationing with some goods despite the ludicrously ridiculous panic buying by the British public being over when this virus threat emerged a few months ago. On Saturday the wife popped in the very local to us branch of Tesco’s to pick up a few essentials and she had to leave a few tins of tomatoes at the checkout there. She was rationed to just 3 tins despite the shelves of various brands being brimming full she said. We use many tins of tomatoes weekly in our household with the making of curries, spaghetti sauces, chilli’s etc and this rationing is just nuts, grhhhhh !!!!!

I must admit the tin shelves are still quite sparse at asda but I don't think they are rationing there anymore. It's annoying most things are available now. The morrisons hour here is 6-7 well we don't finish work until 7.40 am so not sure how that works I guess it's OK for the admin/domestic workers though. after a 14 hour shift I cannot be bothered to get up so early for these hours.