Author Topic: September holiday  (Read 1217 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
September holiday
« on: June 29, 2020, 01:25:27 pm »
Just tried to book seats already paid for pre-booked online and it won't let me.

Just looked at tui and they only flying to Zante on a Tuesday we were a Friday so I'm guessing will probably be cancelled.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: September holiday
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 03:48:05 pm »
Heard from my accommodation owners that they are getting cancellations due to airlines amalgamating flights.
Worthwhile to get onto them Mari in case they are  going to try switching you to a Tuesday or changing airport on you

Just had a quick look and the the prices for 1 week for I person right at the end of September when I am going, have now gone up to in excess of 700 for std accommodation  ..OUCH >:(
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:03:23 pm by Al »

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 08:44:08 pm »
Heard from my accommodation owners that they are getting cancellations  due to airlines amalgamating flights.
Worthwhile to get onto them Mari in case they are  going to try switching you to a Tuesday or changing airport on you

Just had a quick look and the the prices for 1 week for I person right at the end of September when I am going, have now gone up to in excess of 700 for std accommodation  ..OUCH >:(

Can they change my holiday like that and still expect me to go? I wouldn't be able to go.

It's shocking prices  :'(

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 06:25:58 pm »
Holiday been cancelled just had the email...... Interestingly the holiday rebooking incentive is now 10'per cent not 20 percent  :'(

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 06:34:40 pm »
Holiday been cancelled just had the email...... Interestingly the holiday rebooking incentive is now 10'per cent not 20 percent  :'(

Sorry to hear that Mari . Not going very well this year unfortunately  :(

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 06:58:41 pm »

Sorry to hear that Mari. Very disappointing for you as you have already missed one holiday. Silly question, but how do you feel that a holiday as far away as September has been cancelled ? Did they say why ?

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 09:56:12 pm »

Sorry to hear that Mari . Not going very well this year unfortunately  :(

I kind of don't get it if I'm honest why holidays when they can go ahead are being cancelled. I was half and half anyway but other half is upset as his friend is still going to Crete at a similar time.

I was worried if someone tested positive in flight we'd all have to isolate etc.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 09:58:55 pm »

Sorry to hear that Mari. Very disappointing for you as you have already missed one holiday. Silly question, but how do you feel that a holiday as far away as September has been cancelled ? Did they say why ?

No but had an idea anyway as my airport are no longer flying on a Friday only a Tuesday. I'm half and half but it's been a rubbish year for us even prior to covid and I'm run down so would have been nice to have a break. if it was normalish

zante1980

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 08:31:40 am »
Sorry to hear that, not been a good year for anyone really has it.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2020, 08:20:02 am »
Sorry to hear that, not been a good year for anyone really has it.

Well out of interest the same date is flying from Birmingham for another 250 each per holiday which might be ok with the tui incentive but I think it's too risky going this year to be honest so I'd rather go next year when hopefully things are more normal.

My last day of annual leave and the weather picks up  lol

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2020, 10:54:25 am »
Tui are still selling holidays on dates which we know there are their flights cancelled. Very unfair of them as people not only look forward to a holiday but also have to book their car park, arrange to board pets if they have them, arrange care of elderly relatives in UK etc. Think they may be trying to get money in the form of deposits to repay those who have had holidays cancelled earlier in the year.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2020, 05:09:43 pm »
Tui are still selling holidays on dates which we know there are their flights cancelled. Very unfair of them as people not only look forward to a holiday but also have to book their car park, arrange to board pets if they have them, arrange care of elderly relatives in UK etc. Think they may be trying to get money in the form of deposits to repay those who have had holidays cancelled earlier in the year.

It's very cheeky and underhand not good at all  :'(

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2020, 01:24:24 pm »
Checked in and printed out our boarding cards with Easyjet ( Tui using them for our flights this September) and the process was very easy. Have never flown with them before, so now it is just a case of fingers crossed we will be allowed to go.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2020, 03:15:09 pm »
Checked in and printed out our boarding cards with Easyjet ( Tui using them for our flights this September) and the process was very easy. Have never flown with them before, so now it is just a case of fingers crossed we will be allowed to go.

When is it you go again Sophia? Is it just for a week?

I've just managed to get my refund off tui what a process that was they didn't even offer me the 10 per cent incentive to rebook so what's the point.
Looking at prices next year we won't go at those prices.