Author Topic: Are many tavernas, bars, supermarkets open in Alykanas or Alykes?  (Read 2433 times)

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Know the first flights were on 1st July from countries other than the UK but wondering how much is actually open in the various resorts?

Christos

• Global Moderator
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Just Zante..........
    • Just Zante
Re: Are many tavernas, bars, supermarkets open in Alykanas or Alykes?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 07:20:33 pm »
I read a report that only 30% of hoteliers in Alykes were opening, with the rest either not bothering or waiting to see what happens with uk. Was about a month ago so could have changed by now.

Rab B

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 07:48:17 pm »
Just saw a video from Fishlaida looks busy, also heard of a few bars, hotels and restaurants who are opening up in the next week or so Shortie Wiliams posting weekly updates. Four of us are booked to go for 10 days staying in one of the refurbished rooms at the Letsos ,I know Alykanas for the 1st time iafter 15 visits to  Alykes . Got a really good deal on jet2 flights from Newcastle as none from Scotland and contacted the Letsos direct where we also got a good deal. Our original holiday was cancelled and was £600 more expensive ,fingers crossed we get there

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 09:16:04 pm »
Just saw a video from Fishlaida looks busy, also heard of a few bars, hotels and restaurants who are opening up in the next week or so Shortie Wiliams posting weekly updates. Four of us are booked to go for 10 days staying in one of the refurbished rooms at the Letsos ,I know Alykanas for the 1st time iafter 15 visits to  Alykes . Got a really good deal on jet2 flights from Newcastle as none from Scotland and contacted the Letsos direct where we also got a good deal. Our original holiday was cancelled and was £600 more expensive ,fingers crossed we get there

Fingers crossed for you rab think our September holiday cancelled as tui no longer flying our day

dh

• Offline Offline
  • mystery man
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 04:39:41 pm »
Hope so, just booked 22nd July for a week

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 05:50:35 pm »
Hope so, just booked 22nd July for a week

Ah I'm sure you'll have a fab time there'll be enough open I'm sure to keep you entertained  :)

Rab B

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 09:24:09 am »
Just been hearing that you won't be allowed to visit other swimming pools , can see the reason behind this for tracing purposes etc but a shame for the likes of Nikos (whispers) and Mill bar who rely on the walk up trade. Also not to good for those who have booked apartments with no pool ???

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 01:43:18 pm »
Hope you have a great time. Will you post what the Letsos new rooms are like please ? We have stayed in the main building a few times but not since 2012 and would like to go there again.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 01:48:25 pm »
Just been hearing that you won't be allowed to visit other swimming pools , can see the reason behind this for tracing purposes etc but a shame for the likes of Nikos (whispers) and Mill bar who rely on the walk up trade. Also not to good for those who have booked apartments with no pool ???
Yes, it'll be such a shame for the tavernas who have pools only and no accommodation attached. Perhaps things may change there though. We always go to White house which has a fantastic pool and also relys on others visiting to use the pool and have drinks/meals there, so they too will miss the extra business. It's all so hit and miss atm but necessary of course.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 01:54:42 pm »

Ah that's a shame. Yes that's not good at all. Will make pools a lot busier where people are staying aswell  :'(

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 02:02:34 pm »
Hope you have a great time. Will you post what the Letsos new rooms are like please ? We have stayed in the main building a few times but not since 2012 and would like to go there again.

Bad comments from letsos have always put me off but saw a video recently and they look really done up and nice

zante1980

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 02:18:11 pm »
We stayed in Letsos, many many years ago, in the Hotel, we were half board, you had to order your dinner the day before ,as I remember , we were in the rooms on the front which hadn't been built long, on the walls there were lots of holes covered in plastic discs, we thought it was the electrician who had drilled a hole for the wiring in the wrong place, but we had a great holiday and met some super people..it was late October and it rained a lot, there was a little bar directly opposite, I don't think it is there now, and most people from the hotel gathered there during the day. Then in the evening we all went to Catacombs...happy memories!

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 03:03:25 pm »
Unfortunately the Letsos still suffers from the reviews that are out of date nowadays. Since Yiannis the owner passed away a few years ago his son Dennis has taken over the running of the Hotel and has spent and still is spending a great deal of money on the place. The Letsos is one of the oldest and biggest hotels in terms of bed numbers in the entire area and it had suffered from neglect somewhat before Dennis took over. He still has a way to go to rebuild itís reputation but is working hard on it, the new luxury rooms on the top level above the Letsos Supermarket are amongst the finest in the area and come with their own private rooftop hot tubs and artificial lawns. You will always get moaners and nitpickers in every establishment and my God the Letsos has had plenty over the years many with just cause. The Letsos room prices were unbelievably cheap for years but you took your chance on the standard of room that you would be allocated on arrival there. Iíve stayed there a good few times years ago and had a right mix of room standards as regardís to furnishings and fixings. I have my own favourite choice of acommodation thesedays but if I had to I would most certainly stay in the Letsos once again, itís position in the village is perfect for everything.                                                                      As regardís to whatís happening in the village, yesterday I spoke to resident friends there and since the news that U.K. flights will be allowed from next week (donít hold your breath) there has been a lot more activity. More places are getting ready to open up just in time for the peak weeks of July, August, and early Sept, we just need to get there now ✈️✈️✈️😎😎😎😎😎
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 03:11:14 pm by tony welsh »

Sonia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I love Alikanas
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2020, 06:38:32 pm »
We stayed in Letsos, many many years ago, in the Hotel, we were half board, you had to order your dinner the day before ,as I remember , we were in the rooms on the front which hadn't been built long, on the walls there were lots of holes covered in plastic discs, we thought it was the electrician who had drilled a hole for the wiring in the wrong place, but we had a great holiday and met some super people..it was late October and it rained a lot, there was a little bar directly opposite, I don't think it is there now, and most people from the hotel gathered there during the day. Then in the evening we all went to Catacombs...happy memories!

I think the bar you're referring to was Tom's Place.  I think we were there around 1995 and 1996, also used the Catacombs.  Tom's Place then moved down the road unfortunately it closed a few years ago and is now (or was, not sure if still open) a quad bike rental.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2020, 08:17:49 am »

Isn't toms place near the river remember walking by it but like you say looks closed. I'm surprised the pie shack is still open to be honest never see anyone there  :'(
I think the bar you're referring to was Tom's Place.  I think we were there around 1995 and 1996, also used the Catacombs.  Tom's Place then moved down the road unfortunately it closed a few years ago and is now (or was, not sure if still open) a quad bike rental.