Author Topic: Still hoping and praying.  (Read 405 times)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Still hoping and praying.
« on: July 29, 2020, 04:38:57 pm »
Four weeks to the day before we hopefully fly out to Zakynthos from Bristol. Iíve been medically sheltering since March and itís been hard, in fact very hard. The Welsh governmentís advice by letter says for me to shelter until August 16th and I have pretty much been sticking to it. I must admit that I have been out for a drive in the car periodically to keep the battery charged and also Iíve been up to our daughterís garden when the sun has lured me out on a few occasions. Apart from this Iíve mixed with nobody apart from close family that have visited and of course the wife whoís been my rock as always. Having already lost 2 trips over so far this year the thought of relaxing in Alykanas in 4 weeks time just keeps me positive.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: Still hoping and praying.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 05:47:40 pm »
Hope everything goes all OK for you Tony. Fingers crossed that nothing changes and you can get there. I am on countdown for the end of September hopefully flying from Bristol on Sat 26th. Must admit I am not looking forward to wearing a "face covering" for about 8 hours or so as have probs at the moment for about 15mins in the supermarket before things get a little warm. Will be worth it when I get there :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 06:12:09 pm »
Hope everything goes all OK for you Tony. Fingers crossed that nothing changes and you can get there. I am on countdown for the end of September hopefully flying from Bristol on Sat 26th. Must admit I am not looking forward to wearing a "face covering" for about 8 hours or so as have probs at the moment for about 15mins in the supermarket before things get a little warm. Will be worth it when I get there :)

I'm forever having to take my glasses off as they keep steaming up when shopping! That said I wore one for three hours solid in hospital yesterday and it was OK, the most interesting time was when my nose started running (while I was in a cubicle by myself) so lifted it up to wipe with tissue only to discover it was blood! Momentary panic before I twigged it was from the earlier covid swab test, they don't half ram those things in deep!

Anyway hope you both get what you wish for; we're going to look for something UK based once my medical situation is sorted, though apparently reading an article on the BBC earlier home bookings and prices are through the roof. We'll see what we can do.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 10:01:04 pm »

It's all about making sure you buy the right mask aswell. I went to the shops wearing one someone kindly made and could not bare it after ten minutes yet I wear one all day at work etc I had to go to superdrug and buy another which was much more comfortable. Maybe start practicing at home so you get more used to it. It does get easier over time.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 10:03:15 pm »
Are you guys getting insurance OK to cover covid? I guess prices are through the roof now

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 07:54:13 am »
Are you guys getting insurance OK to cover covid? I guess prices are through the roof now

I shall give my masks that I have not worn yet a trial today, this warm weather should see if they are OK for wearing  for a period .

With regards to insurance I bought my insurance back in January, so the cost was not affected, £22 for 9 days. I always use the same company, as after much searching found that this particular one also covers me for medical expenses as standard for riding a scooter if needed ( some don't ) and I pay a little more for their Premier Plus cover with no excess to pay. It gets a good "Which" rating but of course you can only tell how good they are when you need to claim.
I have not sorted insurance out for my trip next April/May yet so will see soon if the prices have jumped up.   

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 01:32:55 pm »
Our joint annual policy ran out in early June so we declined the renewal proposal as it was pointless having had our trips cancelled then. I will wait to see how thing pan out until about a week or so before our next scheduled trip ( Aug 26 th), if itís still all go then Iíll shop around for a new policy, fingers crossed eh !!!

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 05:10:11 pm »
Four weeks to the day before we hopefully fly out to Zakynthos from Bristol. Iíve been medically sheltering since March and itís been hard, in fact very hard. The Welsh governmentís advice by letter says for me to shelter until August 16th and I have pretty much been sticking to it. I must admit that I have been out for a drive in the car periodically to keep the battery charged and also Iíve been up to our daughterís garden when the sun has lured me out on a few occasions. Apart from this Iíve mixed with nobody apart from close family that have visited and of course the wife whoís been my rock as always. Having already lost 2 trips over so far this year the thought of relaxing in Alykanas in 4 weeks time just keeps me positive.
Well done for sticking to the rules re shielding. It won't be long before the 16th. My brother has also been shielding so we are meeting on that day for a celebratory meal, outside hopefully as still need to socially distance. I can imagine your forthcoming trip is something you've been looking forward to so much so hope all goes to plan. My daughter flew to Kos yesterday from Gatwick. All seemed to go well, the aircraft was full but apparently as the air is continuosly filtered and changed it is very safe as long as mask wearing, hand sanitising observed.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 12:49:30 pm »
Well done for sticking to the rules re shielding. It won't be long before the 16th. My brother has also been shielding so we are meeting on that day for a celebratory meal, outside hopefully as still need to socially distance. I can imagine your forthcoming trip is something you've been looking forward to so much so hope all goes to plan. My daughter flew to Kos yesterday from Gatwick. All seemed to go well, the aircraft was full but apparently as the air is continuosly filtered and changed it is very safe as long as mask wearing, hand sanitising observed.
I had my letter this morning from the Welsh Government confirming my release from sheltering on the 16th providing the way things here in Wales continue to move in the right direction as regards to this virus !!

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2020, 11:29:18 am »
Fingers crossed for you and yours Tony for your forthcoming trip. I can't recommend any particular insurance company. We have ours with our bank, then add on any additional requirements. They have already informed us Covid will not be covered for any future trips so we're going to have to think about that one.

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2020, 02:29:37 pm »
I've used Staysure for a couple of years. Found them very reasonably priced. Just got 15 months for the price of 12. That'll cover me for my next 3 visits  :D

Cheers.           Tom and Rose