Author Topic: Shoestrings  (Read 9978 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: Shoestrings
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2020, 09:16:20 pm »
Something rather lovely happening in Shoestring today. A couple of people aleady know because I messaged them that my wife died totally unexpectedly in her sleep in the early hours of Tuesday morning, very peacefully because neither my son or I heard her in any distress and she looked totally relaxed when we found her.

Anyway by coincidence her favourite brother is on the island at the moment with his kids and decided he wanted to visit our favourite place and light a candle for her. I messaged Aggelos last night and he said "I will look after Max like I am looking after you when you are here.." but then they make everyone welcome anyway. He also lit a candle for Debbie himself which has been burning all day on the bar. Today I remembered how to smile for a bit.

And it goes without saying that Max loved the place and the food and the brothers. Baby steps but I'll come through this.

Ah that's so lovely Mike and what a nice and thoughtful idea. I know from your many posts on the forum how you and your wife love shoestrings and stayed in that lovely place nearby. It's so lovely theyve done that.

shreddie-eddie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2020, 09:56:23 pm »
So sorry to hear this Mike.

Sonia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I love Alikanas
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2020, 12:56:15 pm »
Sorry to hear your sad news Mike.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2020, 07:02:35 pm »
Thanks everyone. Post mortem was yesterday but "inconclusive" so they've taken some biopsys/samples to test and released her body to funeral director. I just need to know why/how? She was only 53.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2020, 08:01:56 pm »
Thanks everyone. Post mortem was yesterday but "inconclusive" so they've taken some biopsys/samples to test and released her body to funeral director. I just need to know why/how? She was only 53.

Far too young to leave you Mike. Incredibily sad and very unfair .

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2020, 09:33:09 pm »

Life is so cruel and 2020 has a lot to answer to  :'( so so young and unfair  :'(