Author Topic: Quarantine  (Read 432 times)

Hazy

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Allan, Hazy, Alexie (pool Barman) Alykanas in ?
Quarantine
« on: September 07, 2020, 04:41:07 pm »
Hi all.

I knew it would happen, just announced.

Travellers arriving in England from seven Greek islands will have to self-isolate for 14 days from 04:00 BST on Wednesday, Grant Shapps has said.

The islands affected are Lesvos, Tinos, Serifos, Mykonos, Santorini, Crete and Zakynthos (also known as Zante).

Flights i would think will still go ahead. So what happens to people who can't afford to Quarantine when they get back?
I don't think you can cancel & get your money back if the flight is still going.
This is going to cause big problems for a lot of people, I have freinds there now, do they try to gat a flight home, or stay & have another 2 weeks off, losing a lot of money.

Max Lee at Alykanas Beach 03/07/2009

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: Quarantine
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 05:36:18 pm »
I was waiting for something to happen on Thursday.  3 of the islands are different to the Welsh list so just a little more to add to the confusion.

So much to the supposed contact between the medical teams of the various union countries which they say are in constant contact with each other.
Looks like politics is definitely getting in here and England wanted to make the announcement first this time. >:(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 05:42:47 pm by Al »

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 08:51:14 am »
The UK gov travel advise has now been altered to "advise against all but essential travel" to the the list of 7 islands.

I assume that if you now go then your insurance will become invalid?

Just have to wait and see what if anything the airline decides to do.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/greece

This has just appeared on Easyjet site

Important information about quarantine restrictions
07/09/2020

"Due to a number of countries imposing quarantine restrictions, we understand that customers may wish to change their travel plans:

If you are booked on a flight to or from a country on a quarantine list and due to fly within 14 days, you can now transfer your flight without a change fee by contacting our Customer Services Team here. Any requests must be made within seven days of the respective government announcing the quarantine restriction.
If your flight with us is more than 14 days away, our normal terms and conditions apply and you will be able to transfer your flight without a change fee online through Manage Bookings on our website or through the mobile app. You can make these changes directly and do not need to contact our Customer Services Team.
Please note in both cases, if the new fare is higher, you値l be asked to pay the fare difference only*.

Should any flights be cancelled, customers will be notified directly via email and will be informed of their options, which include transferring to an alternative flight free of charge, receiving a voucher for the value of the booking or applying for a refund via a webform."

At the moment Easyjet are still selling flights throughout September and October to and from Zakynthos

« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 01:58:43 pm by Al »

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 09:45:40 pm »
The UK gov travel advise has now been altered to "advise against all but essential travel" to the the list of 7 islands.

07/09/2020

"Due to a number of countries imposing quarantine restrictions, we understand that customers may wish to change their travel plans:

If you are booked on a flight to or from a country on a quarantine list and due to fly within 14 days, you can now transfer your flight without a change fee by contacting our Customer Services Team here. Any requests must be made within seven days of the respective government announcing the quarantine restriction.
If your flight with us is more than 14 days away, our normal terms and conditions apply and you will be able to transfer your flight without a change fee online through Manage Bookings on our website or through the mobile app. You can make these changes directly and do not need to contact our Customer Services Team.
Please note in both cases, if the new fare is higher, you値l be asked to pay the fare difference only*.

Should any flights be cancelled, customers will be notified directly via email and will be informed of their options, which include transferring to an alternative flight free of charge, receiving a voucher for the value of the booking or applying for a refund via a webform."

At the moment Easyjet are still selling flights throughout September and October to and from Zakynthos

It sure was confusing quarantine to me meant you could still go at your own discretion but advise against all travel no one will go surely.

It's so sad  :'(

john sinclair

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 03:08:02 pm »
Has the reduction in restaurant and pub meals prices been part of the increase in the virus.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 06:36:51 pm »

07/09/2020

It sure was confusing quarantine to me meant you could still go at your own discretion but advise against all travel no one will go surely.

It's so sad  :'(

Yes, definitely issues with travel insurance no longer being valid if you go against FCO advice, but people are still going on holiday. Very risky imo.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 06:39:51 pm »
Has the reduction in restaurant and pub meals prices been part of the increase in the virus.
Think this has been an issue John. It is inevitable when people have had a few drinks they get more careless re social distancing, talk more animatedly, lean over table etc so think this has bound to be happening.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 09:03:35 am »
Found this article quite interesting and revealing about the situation in Zakynthos.

From our friends at the Zakynthos Informer.

https://zakynthosinformer.com/zakynthos-and-covid-19/

« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 09:07:45 am by Al »

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 03:50:03 pm »
Found this article quite interesting and revealing about the situation in Zakynthos.

From our friends at the Zakynthos Informer.

https://zakynthosinformer.com/zakynthos-and-covid-19/

Thanks al that's interesting  :)

Christos

• Global Moderator
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Just Zante..........
    • Just Zante
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 08:23:29 pm »
I知 still going, coming back one way or another since my flight is cancelled. Athens or Kefalonia to Manchester are my options and 2 weeks to think about which one.  8)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 04:41:16 am »
I知 still going, coming back one way or another since my flight is cancelled. Athens or Kefalonia to Manchester are my options and 2 weeks to think about which one.  8)

Specialoffer.gr that are now known as islandtravel.gr have advertised on other social media that they are going to run special trips to other airports via coach & ferry from Zakynthos for those that need to get home when their return flights are cancelled later in the Season. Might be worth checking out Christos. I just tried to get the link for them but their site is currently having an update at the moment. We池e currently serving out our 14 day quarantine period after returning home from Alykanas last Wednesday. No problem to myself and a bonus for the wife who still works (she can work from home), the weather here is beautiful and set to be warmer even hot over the coming days to keep the tan topped right up l.o.l. !!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 04:46:35 am by tony welsh »