Author Topic: Holiday ends today.  (Read 683 times)

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
Re: Holiday ends today.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 03:12:13 pm »
Tui are still selling flights for October but it's looking like Merseyside is heading for some lockdown measures. Oh the joy of being one of the 18-30 brigade and not giving a xxxx about anyone else. I feel ashamed to be a brit sometimes, I really do  :'(

Tom and Rose

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2020, 05:19:56 pm »
Like others on here our outward flight is still operational but our return flight has disappeared off the radar. Still awaiting some info from Tui but on reading various comments here and in the press think Zakynthos is out of the question for this year. hoping we can, albeit reluctantly, get to choose another island.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2020, 05:23:04 pm »
Just heard back from friends who are out there at the moment and were due to fly back to Gatwick in October. They have had contact from Easyjet that their flight back has now been cancelled and they are going to have to get themselves over to Athens via ferry and bus and fly back from there. They are not happy.

Sonia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I love Alikanas
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2020, 04:47:22 pm »
Just back a few hours ago from Alykanas, sorry I didn't get to see you Tony.  I can't believe the weather we had, it was like mid June weather and the sea was like a warm bath.

I feel so sorry for the businesses over there who have done so much to comply with the regulations, it is far safer there than in the UK.

I was due another trip on 26th September that I won't be able to go on as my return has been cancelled (Easyjet from Gatwick). I had been on the phone to Easyjet asking my options and was told I could only change to another flight no voucher available.  2 minutes later I checked my booking and saw that my return had been cancelled - I was furious, at no time had the agent informed me that my return was cancelled.  I used to swear by Easyjet but they way they have treated people and lied to them, I think I will start looking at other options.  :(

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2020, 05:15:47 pm »
Iíve just come into the house after a day in my sun chair isnít the weather brilliant for almost mid-Sept here in the Southern half of the U.K. with more to follow, even hot by Monday. Strange I didnít see you Sonia, with the kidís with us during our 1st week we did what they wanted but we did spend one whole day in the Mill. They wanted to go diving off the platform across in Porto Roxa, the water park, paddle boarding, etc, etc, and they had their full way l.o.l. When we were on our own for our 2nd week we only had one full day at the Mill and only made a couple of visits into Zues at night. The midnight closing and having to go out earlier for the kids to eat and then back to CUBA a place we/they love dominated this trip totally disrupting our usual habits. I didnít get to D.N.A. let alone up to Sakisfaction or have a curry down below it. At least we made it over and it was a brilliant family holiday and a well needed rest for Christine whoís been under siege at work all year with this bloody virus. We moved our cancelled flights from June onto Paphos/Cyprus for the beginning of October for a couple of weeks but the way things are deteriorating Covid wise Iím fearing we may have this up and coming trip cancelled too. Iím sure Iíll see you next year at some point if my health stays as well as it is now, Iím Snow White hair wise now with the side effects of my treatment l.o.l.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 07:36:23 pm by tony welsh »

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2020, 05:36:55 pm »

I was due another trip on 26th September that I won't be able to go on as my return has been cancelled (Easyjet from Gatwick). I had been on the phone to Easyjet asking my options and was told I could only change to another flight no voucher available.  2 minutes later I checked my booking and saw that my return had been cancelled - I was furious, at no time had the agent informed me that my return was cancelled.  I used to swear by Easyjet but they way they have treated people and lied to them, I think I will start looking at other options.  :(

I find this attitude of airlines to put it mildly callous and cavalier. If your trip out and back gets cancelled  as long as you get some notice then I can live with that, but to just cancel the return leg  and especially when you are already there, when you have booked a return flight to an "island" is totally unacceptable IMO. It is no good coming out with the usual garbage of you can change your flight for no cost, but if the new flight is more expensive you will need  to pay the difference is just a corporate cop out. How can you change your flight to another option if the said airline has cancelled all the flights back from that destination? Total nonsense.

I think they should have a legal responsibility or certainly a moral one, when knowing full well you have booked a return flight with their company, to get you back to your point of origin. Just to drop you in the soft and smelly and basically to leave you stranded to sort it out yourself is totally unprofessional and I think the CAA need to to move regulations in favor of the consumer.

OK rant over ::)  I could have put it it little stronger but think it may have been deleted ;D 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 05:59:28 pm by Al »

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2020, 06:35:57 pm »
Iíve just come into the house after a day in my sun chair isnít the weather brilliant for almost mid-Sept here in the Southern half of the U.K. with more to follow, even hot by Monday.
Looking good up here in Shropshire as well Tony, low to mid Twenties sun/mon/tues . Make the most of it as I think we will not get another chance until late spring next year. Zakynthos is still showing up around the 30s. Really want to be there.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 06:37:59 pm by Al »

Sonia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I love Alikanas
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 08:10:47 am »
Only went in the Mill Bar once for lunch Tony, so probably the reason we didn't see you - it was too hot to walk from our sunbeds outside AKTI.  In fact, we did very little due to the heat, we only had one day away from the beach and that was a boat trip that my daughter organised for my birthday, to Amoudi for the day, which was lovely.  We were in Zeus every night except for the two nights we went into Alykes.

Lovely clean accommodation as usual at Draganikos. Anastasia was very apologetic that she couldn't clean every day due to government restrictions but left us everything we needed to keep it clean.

Had some lovely meals, Vrisaki as good as ever, Greek Acropolis (love Claire's chips), Potami, Rua Mat (about 4 times I think!!!), Piccadilly, Roadhouse (the veal steak was delicious) - and a few more where the food wasn't so good, perhaps we chose the wrong meals.

I can't believe the weather we had, unbelievable for the time of year.

Shame I can't return on 26th September but at least Easyjet refunded me almost immediately after I phoned them, although I'm still waiting for my refunds for earlier flights ::)  They also issued me vouchers (which they didn't have to do) for my Cyprus flights that we no longer want to use due to the COVID test requirement.

6 weeks booked for next year so far with at least another 2 weeks to book.  Let's hope that next year is a better year for everyone.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2020, 08:42:03 am »
Only went in the Mill Bar once for lunch Tony, so probably the reason we didn't see you - it was too hot to walk from our sunbeds outside AKTI.  In fact, we did very little due to the heat, we only had one day away from the beach and that was a boat trip that my daughter organised for my birthday, to Amoudi for the day, which was lovely.  We were in Zeus every night except for the two nights we went into Alykes.

Lovely clean accommodation as usual at Draganikos. Anastasia was very apologetic that she couldn't clean every day due to government restrictions but left us everything we needed to keep it clean.

Had some lovely meals, Vrisaki as good as ever, Greek Acropolis (love Claire's chips), Potami, Rua Mat (about 4 times I think!!!), Piccadilly, Roadhouse (the veal steak was delicious) - and a few more where the food wasn't so good, perhaps we chose the wrong meals.

I can't believe the weather we had, unbelievable for the time of year.

Shame I can't return on 26th September but at least Easyjet refunded me almost immediately after I phoned them, although I'm still waiting for my refunds for earlier flights ::)  They also issued me vouchers (which they didn't have to do) for my Cyprus flights that we no longer want to use due to the COVID test requirement.

6 weeks booked for next year so far with at least another 2 weeks to book.  Let's hope that next year is a better year for everyone.
Funnily enough the Rua Mat a place we rarely use when on our own saw some good business from our family the kidís love it there especially their pancakes smothered in Nutella and fruits and we had several late night take aways too. Not our normal holiday itinerary but a truly memorable one especially swimming in the harbour with the turtles accompanied by our eldest son and both Grandsons a day weíll remember for the rest of our lives all captured on underwater video as well. The Potamiís beef stifado was excellent and no need to mention SHORTIEís steaks superb as always as was our ever reliable visit to Vrisaki. We had our usual all afternoon lunch feast at the Lemon Tree also a lunch date across at the Achillion in Amoudi. We also ate several times in our a Pahnis acommodation that serve huge pizzas and Greek salads, also we went across to Dennisís Oasis for a full cooked English breakfast as there was sadly no Cosy Corner this Season. Weíve 3 x trips booked for next year and hopefully this bloody virus will have calmed down by then. Cyprus in 2 weeks time subject to getting the negative Covid tests, Iím sure youíve read about the Cyprus entry conditions but sweating a little over availability of the tests at the moment. On the health front I feel great having lost 4 stone this year and being able to take a medication break for 2 weeks gave me my sense of taste back. Back on the medication now but itís early days for the side effects to kick back in. Been enjoying this Indian Summer weíre having here keeping my hard earned tan too l.o.l. YAMMAS !!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 10:19:14 am by tony welsh »

Sonia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I love Alikanas
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2020, 03:10:09 pm »
Good luck with the test for Cyprus Tony, I couldn't deal with the stress of not knowing firstly, if I'd be able to get one and secondly would it come back negative?  It's a shame as I've fancied going to Cyprus for ages.  We had a good deal on accommodation too, we'd booked a nice apartment in Protaras but they advised us that they were closing and transferred our booking to their sister hotel in Ayia Napa at the same price, the proper price was about 5 times more than we were due to pay for our original apartment.

Instead of Cyprus, we have a caravan in Christchurch (half term week) - hope this lovely weather can continue!

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2020, 06:07:21 pm »
going to really miss Alykanas this year and the wonderful Greek people, the tavernas, bars, beaches, walks, well everything really. Fortunately, even though we were on an Easyjet flight departing Wed 23/09/2020 returning 07/10/2020, the return being cancelled, this was part of a Tui package and it has been very easy to sort out another holiday to another of our favourite places, Kefalos in Kos so hope we will at least have some Greek hospitality to look forward to. Yes, EJ has a lot to answer to.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2020, 06:19:25 pm »
Well if/when we get the tests sorted out Sonia itís all go. The original hotel weíde booked (Kefalos Damon) that weíde stayed in before hasnít opened following a major re-furbishment project that I guess hasnít been completed. It was/is a great 3* complex and we loved everything about the place. We now have been moved and upgraded to itís sister complex free which is the 4* Kefalos Beach Complex, weíve even got a superior room upgrade too which is around £500 dearer than what weíde payed for the Damon with no extra charges. We have used the facilities in this place before which is just a short walk away from the Damon complex, both are located in Kato Paphos a newer suburb of Paphos itself. Coupled with the cancelled Easyjet flights to Zakynthos earlier this year which were just £51 each return from Bristol itís a great deal.As said already we just have to get there with negative tests taken and certified within 72 hours of our take off time. Obviously the Covid situation to enter Cyprus hadnít developed back when I put this trip together, fingers crossed eh !!!!!!!