Author Topic: So now it's okay to go to Zakynthos....  (Read 193 times)

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
So now it's okay to go to Zakynthos....
« on: October 09, 2020, 02:51:06 pm »
As places close, particularly in Alykanas and Alykes, the UK Govt reopen the travel corridor with some Greek islands, including Zakynthos. Not much help for the businesses and accommodation there who have reluctantly decided to end their season early. It is a real shame for them and us. as to reopen at this late stage is probably not worth it.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: So now it's okay to go to Zakynthos....
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 07:56:00 pm »
So now it is all getting a little farcical ( if it wasn't already ), as now that the season has closed and there is no way of getting to Zakynthos as the direct flights have stopped unless you go  via mainland Greece. If you now go to mainland Greece then you will need to isolate for 2 weeks upon return from Saturday,  but some islands are exempt including Zakynthos, so you will not have isolate, but you cannot go anyway as England is in a lockdown and you should not be travelling except for "essential" travel and the other home nations are advising against foreign travel as well.

I need a lie down it's all getting too much :laugh:

Just have to wait for the 2021 season to start and hope things are a little more simple  ::)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54923756
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 08:47:36 am by Al »

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: So now it's okay to go to Zakynthos....
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 12:11:34 pm »
Yes Al, agree it is getting too much. I can travel anywhere I like in Wales but Cardiff Airport closed to all but essential travel. I could meet up to four people from different households in Wales ( words of wisdom from First Minister Mark Drakesford ) inside a pub as long as we are all socially distanced from each other. Can't imagine many pubs are that huge. Our local down the road certainly isn't and anyway it is now closed until new tenants can be found. So it is almost as if we in Wales are still in lockdown, but we're not, but England is, until 2nd Dec, then there are the tiers to contend with. Are you sleeping yet Al ?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: