Author Topic: Next year  (Read 268 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
Next year
« on: November 13, 2020, 01:13:30 pm »
We aren't booking anything until we see how things go. I'm hoping things will become more normal by spring.

Work is really bad at the minute much worse than I expected to be honest. I now do not know what will happen 2/12 with the lockdown.

I can't face another year without my Zante fix and when we can go if we will be able to afford it  :'(

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: Next year
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 05:20:58 pm »
Sorry to hear work is bad atm. Just watching the news when camera crews go into icu is scary so what it is like in real life must be very daunting. And the continual increase in numbers of Covid patients is awful. Don't think anyone can really plan anything with confidence as no one knows how things will go even though the news of a possible roll out of a vaccine was positive. Seems like the Govt are hoping the lockdown will achieve something but  can only see it delaying the numbers with Covid and when lockdown ends people tend to relax far too much judging by the news reports.

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 02:24:05 pm »
We've got fingers, legs and eyes crossed for next year. Just as well that our hosts are very helpful and understanding.

Cheers.        Tom and Rose

mari

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2020, 06:26:26 pm »
we can only hope we get the vaccine and we get some normality

I am drained some of my friends are enjoying working from home though

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 05:44:57 pm »

I was in a "high viz" bed in a private room for five days  after a bit of a complication last week Mari so had a very clear view of the nurses station 24/7, and it was plain to see the stresses people are under. To their huge credit  none of it spilled into patient interaction.  Must be a nightmare.

On next year I  still have three weeks in September booked and paid for so I'm really hopeful all is calm by then. Obviously have two seats on the plane so  it'll  be very strange but I have to go back, even if it's just once to say goodbye....though sincerely hope it's not the last time.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 10:00:46 pm »

I was in a "high viz" bed in a private room for five days  after a bit of a complication last week Mari so had a very clear view of the nurses station 24/7, and it was plain to see the stresses people are under. To their huge credit  none of it spilled into patient interaction.  Must be a nightmare.

On next year I  still have three weeks in September booked and paid for so I'm really hopeful all is calm by then. Obviously have two seats on the plane so  it'll  be very strange but I have to go back, even if it's just once to say goodbye....though sincerely hope it's not the last time.

We are on very high sickness where I work its so difficult. Hope you are ok now yes we always on a ward move those more at risk closer to us so particularly on nights we can keep a close eye. Hope you are home now.
ah that's sounds bliss yes you must go back and you will deserve it for sure.
2020 has been awful and even more so for you but let's hope 2021 we all get to Zante next year
Certainly makes me take less things for granted its been so hard