Author Topic: silly walks  (Read 8258 times)

paulderoofa

• Offline Offline
silly walks
« on: December 03, 2006, 03:53:22 pm »
Just wonderin if anyone else has been daft enough to walk
from argassi 2 st nicholas beach. We did it a couple of years ago cos it didn't look that far on the map how wrong can u be. Coach drivers face was a picture when we explained we didn,t have a ticket 4 return journey cos we,d walked there

Maddogs and Englishmen springs 2 mind ...........

valerie

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: silly walks
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 04:13:06 pm »
we walked from zante town to argassi in august,lovely walk but the roads a bit bad.

Stan and Ollies Mum

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 04:17:41 pm »
My husband walked from the taxi rank at the top of Kalamaki, down to the bus stop near the Roseland Hotel, caught the bus into Zante town, and then walked back to Kalamaki from Zante town - because he was bored  ::) ::)
I wouldn't mind, but he won't even walk to the Post Office from our house, 300 yards LOL.

Bill

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 04:42:35 pm »
I got tired driving to St Nik Beech I would have not liked walking it ;D

paulderoofa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 05:29:41 pm »
We won't b in a hurry 2 do it again soon, sorry make that ever but it was a bit of a giggle at the time and the beers on the night went down well. Also walked 2 laganas a few times via kalamaki but found that wasn't just round the corner either . Anyway the wife now insists on hiring a jeep so there's at least 1 person with brains in our house

bigpete

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 08:10:14 pm »
i tried this walk the first time i went to argassi got to what i thought was the top of the hill by the night club and turned back the next day we got the coach from the wreck bar /avalon a far better choice that was an adventure in itself i must congratulate you what a walk. ever thought of entering an iron man contest :o

paulderoofa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 05:20:40 pm »
Bigpete don't think i'm quite up to iron man standards as i'm a lead weight in water but thanks 4 the congratulations anway and isn,t it a good view of argassi from the nightclub u walked 2

Christos

• Global Moderator
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Just Zante..........
    • Just Zante
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 07:50:51 pm »
Just wonderin if anyone else has been daft enough to walk
from argassi 2 st nicholas beach. We did it a couple of years ago cos it didn't look that far on the map how wrong can u be. Coach drivers face was a picture when we explained we didn,t have a ticket 4 return journey cos we,d walked there

Maddogs and Englishmen springs 2 mind ...........

Walked the same route as you, but a bit further on, to the Louis Royal Palace Hotel. Did it twice too. ;D

Pete from Brum

• Offline Offline
  • Kalamaki, Zakynthos 2008
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 10:48:07 pm »
We did the Zante Town to Argassi walk when we found that we couldn't get a bus or taxi for love nor money on Saint Dionysious's day.  It was pitch black and although I wasn't religious at the start of the walk, I sure was by the end!!  We crossed the bridge by the traffic lights at the entrance to Zante town and i was encouraged to see a sign saying ARGASSI 4km. Half an hour and at least 3 kms later, there was another one saying ARGASSI 3km!!!

Cocktail_Kris

• Kris
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Zante 2005, 2006, 2007 Worker
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 11:24:20 pm »
Ive done Argassi to Zakynthos a few times, usually when going to the gym in Zante town. A great warm up and if you go early enough its a pleasant walk. However, I usually tend to taxi back hehe!

Kris
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 12:33:33 pm by Cocktail_Kris »
Life's a Beach!

Christos

• Global Moderator
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Just Zante..........
    • Just Zante
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 02:27:46 am »
Ive done Argassi to Zakynthos a few times, usually when going to the gym in Zante town. A great warm up and if you go early enough its a pleasant walk. However, I usually tend to walk back hehe!

Kris

That walk's easy. ;D

Try the one from Argassi to Kalamaki over Skopos. That's a good 'un. Ask the wife. ;D

valerie

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 08:19:00 am »
i can walk for miles at home but i think its a lot  different in the heat.

Cocktail_Kris

• Kris
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Zante 2005, 2006, 2007 Worker
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 12:34:20 pm »
Ive done Argassi to Zakynthos a few times, usually when going to the gym in Zante town. A great warm up and if you go early enough its a pleasant walk. However, I usually tend to walk back hehe!

Kris

That walk's easy. ;D

Try the one from Argassi to Kalamaki over Skopos. That's a good 'un. Ask the wife. ;D

I'll take your word Christos, because I certainly won't be trying that any time in the near future  :laugh: :laugh:
Life's a Beach!

bigpete

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 04:43:49 pm »
after making what i thought was my last pit stop in the beer accademy i stroll one step foreward one step sideways up to the comadore hotel.i try to sneek past codey the barman but i get captured one for the road pete. rude to say no i thought this lead to another and another. my silly walk was straight out of the bar and into the pool it was lucky some saddos had left there towels on the loungers for the morning.hope they were wet when they arrived :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

paulderoofa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 05:15:56 pm »
Bigpete Iv'e managed a few of them sideways walks myself and i agree it's only polite to have 1 for the road when asked just a shame we're in argassi after u cos we could of had a vessel or 2 and hats off 2 Christos thats some walk mate. Had 2 laugh at pete about the roadsigns from zante town u must of felt well deflated but it's just another thing that makes zante such a laugh.