Author Topic: Alykanas Beach Village  (Read 7652 times)

transitman

Alykanas Beach Village
« on: December 09, 2006, 04:08:21 pm »
hi all
thinking of going in aug next year
just wanted to know what its like 4 families etc
thanks andy

Hazy

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Allan, Hazy, Alexie (pool Barman) Alykanas in ?
Re: Alykanas Beach Village
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 05:48:04 pm »
Welcome to the boards Andy.

The Alykanas village is a large complex, formerly with Airtours, but this season is the 1st with Thompson's.  We were in Alykanas in Sept/Oct & the word was Thompson's had took over every room, & there was going to be a lot of Reps to cater for children's clubs, entertainment etc.  It's right on the beach, less than 10 Min's from the centre.  Not my cup of tea, rather stay in the smaller apts, but should be idle for family's although going in August it would i imagine be very busy.  Look back through the Alikes/Alykanas message board there is quite a few threads on this topic.  Best of luck.

Allan (Hazy)
Max Lee at Alykanas Beach 03/07/2009

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 02:46:24 pm »
Yeah we've been here before like Allan says. Does what it says on the tin I think, big family centered complex slap bang in between the beach (perfect for kids) and the village and very good at what it does according to all reports. Not my choice either but has (as I've said before) the huge advantage of being in the finest resort on the island....so make sure you get out and explore the village and the island, you won't be disappointed.

cathy

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 09:29:01 am »
As said before, very large complext in a perfect location.  The apartments are quite spacious with all mod cons.  Believe Thomsons will have a full entertainment programme, probably with the idea of keeping you on site, which would be a big mistake as the village has some great restaurants and bars and the people are the friendliest you will ever meet.
Agree August it will probably be very busy and hot.
Ideal for families but not traditionally Greek.

Scarborough-online

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 11:17:15 pm »
put it this way- if you want to get ripped off by Thomsons then go!!

Having been to the ABV for the last 3 years with Airtours, Going Places and then Direct Holidays ( all the same group I know) I was disgusted to see what the new prices are since it has changed hands and what they intend to do to it- we loved it for its personal touch- no in your face entertinment and excellent reps who leave you to enjoy luxury complex with a laid back approach- Ive done the all inclusive rep filled hotels and that rubbish in Spain- this is not the place for it and ABV will be ruined I know it- Im not going back for sure- I will be DIYing it in the resort instead seeing as Airtours have had their butts kicked out of most places in Alykanas- bog loss and a sad day for my family- its like being evicted and then asked to pay double rent for your old home!!