Author Topic: Alykanas - what's there?  (Read 13932 times)

Cam

• Offline Offline
Re: Alykanas - what's there?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 10:06:52 pm »
Light blue touch paper and retreat to a safe distance springs to mind!!

Hazy

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Allan, Hazy, Alexie (pool Barman) Alykanas in ?
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 01:29:33 pm »
Hi Stephen

Well what can we say about Alykanas, it's brilliant.  Only been to Kalamaki for a day so don't know to much about the place, but liked what i saw.
Alykanas isn't as spread out, the main road runs right through the resort & on to Alykes, which you can walk form A B V in about 15/20mins leisurely stroll.
A B V is a large complex, know a few people who have stayed there & liked it.
You are about 5+ Min's from the centre, right on the seafront in a good location.
Alykanas itself has most things you will need for your hols, big supermarket not far from you with a cash m/c & another cash m/c in the centre.   Abudance of restaurants nearly all very good, you could eat at a different one every night.
Horse & carriage goes between resorts, & i think there is a free horse & cart to some of the restaurant's from A B V.
We love the place & don't know of anyone who has been disappointed after an holiday there, don't worry you will enjoy, & hope this has helped you, any more info just ask no problem.
Take Care.

Allan (Hazy)

Max Lee at Alykanas Beach 03/07/2009

Cocktail_Kris

• Kris
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Zante 2005, 2006, 2007 Worker
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 01:30:05 pm »
Whoops. Didn't mean to start an argument about whether Alykanas is better then Kalamaki or whether Everton are better than Liverpool. If I really wanted to start an argument I would own up to being a Rangers fan.  ;)

Right then on the subject of Rangers..... :D :D

Sorry, who? Is this Queens Park Rangers?  :laugh: :laugh:
Life's a Beach!

weestephen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 08:40:34 pm »
Thanks to everyone who has answered. The trainaki mentioned in the post from last year sounds good for the kids (and of course the adults).

Glad to know the resorts not too spread out and there are plenty of nice restaurants.

When we were in Kalamaki we liked to get out of the sun at midday and go for an extended lunch. Only problem was sticking to a half litre of the house wine at Stani's.

cathy

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 08:51:49 am »
There are some great bars on the beach to escape the sun.  To the right of ABV you will find Mill Bar with its wonderful roof terrace.  Turn left and walk along the beach to Alykes where you will find Papora right on the beach with great food and pool tables for the kids.  Walk a little further and you come to Buca which is completely different to anything else in the area, especially its glass floor.
Have a great holiday, I know you will.

lyndylou

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 10:08:49 am »
Glass floor .....I am intrigued now....we stay in Kalamaki, but always visit Alykanas as we have fond memories of a lovely holiday there...The Bucca Bar is now on my  ''must do '' list! ;D

lyn xx

weestephen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 11:24:07 pm »
There are some great bars on the beach to escape the sun.  To the right of ABV you will find Mill Bar with its wonderful roof terrace.  Turn left and walk along the beach to Alykes where you will find Papora right on the beach with great food and pool tables for the kids.  Walk a little further and you come to Buca which is completely different to anything else in the area, especially its glass floor.
Have a great holiday, I know you will.

Cathy

Can you walk from ABV along the beach into Alykes. I have had a look at the map on the message board and there is a river in between. Would we need to come off the beach and cross using the bridge?

Thanks in advance

WeeStephen

Murdoch

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 11:49:27 pm »
Yes you do need to come up to the road and cross a small bridge but only a few minutes takes you onto the beach again at Alykes. No problem.

Hazy

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Allan, Hazy, Alexie (pool Barman) Alykanas in ?
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 12:20:18 am »
Hi Stephen

As Murdoch said, you can walk along the beach, but don't go all the way to the river, you have to go up the road about 100yds before the river & over the bridge. 
First time we walked along we were warned by a couple, cut through the gardens along side the river & if they catch you they will try to charge you.
Just remember you are in Greece, (you have been to Kalamaki) pace is slow, slow, slow, so walk & take your time & enjoy, there is no hurry.
Anywhere you go you cant get lost, well you can but you soon find your bearings again.

Allan (Hazy)
Max Lee at Alykanas Beach 03/07/2009