Author Topic: premier restaurant  (Read 6305 times)

olibear

• Offline Offline
premier restaurant
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:47:46 pm »
my friend is getting married in Zante in september, we've all been to Argassi many times and usually eat at Picadilly, Erato or Castaway but someone recommended Premier as a venue for the sit down meal. Can anyone rate it against our usual haunts!!!! Have read the usual reviews but you never can tell really. many thanks

bigpete

Re: premier restaurant
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 09:12:35 pm »
i used to eat at the picadilly lovely setting by the fountain but over the past couple of years not so good.
i have said this before each season chefs and waiters come and they go,so one season agreat chef arrives at a restaurant but the restaurant has a bad reputation from the year before and it takes a little time for the restaurants profile to rise.a resorts restaurants are prety much a game of hit and miss early on you should post after us guinee pigs have returned. and we will let you know about the good the bad and the dirty
ps five years of superb food at athina :) ;)

olibear

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 09:33:48 pm »
thanks pete, i know what u mean re chef's i've only had one bad meal in argassi which was when I first went and we were a bit naive bet you can guess where!!!!! we didn't run the gauntlet down the hill very well!!!
ps is the athina rooftop?

bigpete

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 09:55:22 pm »
no the athina is down a side street, the crossroads by costello supermarket,great meals and great prices.as you say most eateries in argassi are great  :) ;)

Joint-Chief

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 12:21:04 pm »
ps five years of superb food at athina :) ;)

Yea superb food and very nice restaurant at Athina..

Sorry for going off topic.. :-\
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 12:25:45 pm by Joint-Chief »

aliwall

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 06:14:48 pm »
Granada is a lovely restaurant, good traditional food and a lovely setting, we ate there on several occasions last holiday and will definitely be dining there again this year.

Hope this helps

Ali

:)

bigpete

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 09:22:06 pm »
hmmm i have been going to argassi for many many years and have of course got my favourits,but i may have missed one i will try grenada in may,as i say the restaurants in argassi are great
with the exception of ............well we wont go there :) ;)

oldmonkey

• Offline Offline
  • an old monkey.....
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 08:50:17 am »
Granada was excellent, with a more varied and traditional Greek menu.

Premier, however, was desperately poor, shoddy service and actually unpleasant food, smallest portions we saw in a total of five weeks eating in Argassi.  I wouldn't eat there again if it were free!
an old monkey......

Baz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 09:04:36 am »
Again i have to disagree with old monkey (about Premier)

We ate at the Premier a few times and lovesd it there the service was great as were the wine and food portions.

We ate there the night we flew home and they gave us our starters, deserts and Gills house wine on them oh and two free greek coffee's, so Old Monkey might not be going there but we will be!  ::)

bigpete

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 09:16:55 am »
if you read my earlier post
this may explain why one found the premier so good and one so bad, :) ;)

kimberlin

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 09:35:15 am »
Hi Everyone
Must be having a brainstorm where is Granada restaurant.,we are coming back for the 5th time on July 11th. Will come and see you at your new bar in kalamaki Kev, the tropicana won't seem the same without you. We are staying at the Windmill studios for the 4th time, our son Matt  has made many friends at the windmill and the green frog and is looking forward to seeing everyone so if any of the regulars are reading this we will see you at the pool bar with Julian.

Love Annie

Cocktail_Kris

• Kris
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Zante 2005, 2006, 2007 Worker
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 10:47:48 am »
RE: Granada. If you are coming from the centre of Argassi, go past the crazy golf and not too far along on the right hand side.

Kris
Life's a Beach!

Dawn49042000

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 10:52:17 pm »
Wheres ur pic gone kris??? ;)

Joint-Chief

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 11:18:16 pm »
Anyway, why is everyone discussing Granada when the thread starter is asking about Premier ??
Sorry I was guilty too :-[

aliwall

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 07:02:28 am »
Hi Everyone
Must be having a brainstorm where is Granada restaurant.,we are coming back for the 5th time on July 11th. Will come and see you at your new bar in kalamaki Kev, the tropicana won't seem the same without you. We are staying at the Windmill studios for the 4th time, our son Matt  has made many friends at the windmill and the green frog and is looking forward to seeing everyone so if any of the regulars are reading this we will see you at the pool bar with Julian.

Love Annie

Turn right out of the Windmill and its about 50 yards up the road toward Vasilikos