Author Topic: Places to see  (Read 4257 times)

EllieandChris

• Offline Offline
Places to see
« on: March 01, 2007, 12:38:18 pm »
It will be our third time back to Argassi this year and was wondering if anyone could recomment any places to go and see.
Last year we didn't get around much becuse Ellie had a bad rash.
We've been to the waterpark and on the day long boat cruise in 2004, but would like to see a bit more of the Island and maybe a greek night.
Also would anybody recommend St Nicholas beach?

bigpete

Re: Places to see
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 01:14:09 pm »
hi ellie hi chris
the half day turtle trip is good.
the jeep safari well all i have heard is praise,i have not seen a bad post or a bad report, only good.i have even heard a few times that it was the best day of there holiday.i will be doing the jeep safari in may.
kefalonia also a good trip,but hire a car it is far better than the coach.
greek night waves bar traditional greek dancers,plate smashing dancing on the tables for the more adventurous, lots of fire and all you can eat bbq wuth free wine for twelve euro oh and the mass conga up the street,great laugh
st nicks free coach picks you up outside avalon,water sports, dive centre,fantastic beach.the sunbeds are a little dearer and food and drinks,but the free bus compensates for this.beware though the only way back to argassi is a very long walk or a taxi.so you must enjoy the whole day there.the bus returns about fiveish i think :) ;)

the gooner

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 03:29:13 pm »
St nich beach is a must and also the jeep safari. Zante town go about 6 in the evening, browse the shops have meal and a drink in the main square or even get a taxi up to bochali over looking Zante town

EllieandChris

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 10:55:58 am »
Thanks for all of your responses, we think we will definately try the jeep safari and the turtle boat trip this year. Also, a night out in Zante town also sounds tempting.
Thanks everyone

olibear

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 09:07:49 pm »
i would definately recommend hiring a car, just get a map from one of the shops and away you go!!! This is how I fell in love with Zante, we picked a different route everyday. Go north, great scenery and some nice beaches on the north east. Anafonitria is interesting so is volimes and you can view shipwreck from above too.

valerie

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 08:58:47 am »
We booked the jeep safari at flocas cafe, in argassi and paid 150 euros for three of us, it may seem a lot but i would of paid double as it was worth it. We had a day that we will never forget and took some lovely pictures. The guides were greek and welsh and made the day great with their great sense of humour.

valerie

bigpete

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 10:27:11 am »
i am definately doing the jeep safari this year.
as you say valerie a day not to forget,i have only heard good reports about this trip and not one bad experiance. :) ;)

valerie

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 10:19:29 am »
three pictures from the jeep safari.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 10:34:57 am by valerie »

EllieandChris

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 10:21:30 am »
I think we are going to save the extra money and go on the jeep safari, is it a full day trip?
If it hasn't had a bad report then it must be worth a go.

oldmonkey

• Offline Offline
  • an old monkey.....
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 10:43:45 am »
Jeep Safari is excellent, well worth the day. It is a full day out, yes.
an old monkey......