Author Topic: Valais Hotel  (Read 13979 times)

2384marie

Re: Valais Hotel
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 12:11:17 pm »
Oh thanks Cathy.  Its nice to know that someone has been to the letsos and knows that its good.  Its first time for greece for our parents so hoping they wont be disappointed! They are just worried about the "toilet" situation!

Do you have any photos of the letsos?

GOLDEE

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • yammas cant wait to get there again
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 12:26:49 pm »
Have a look on this link.. http://hotel.travel.ch/index_en/Europe/Greece/Zante_Hotels/Hotel_Letsos  there's plenty of pics of the hotel.. just click on the photo's .. looks lovely... Dee hope this helps a bit.. Dee  ;D

Hazy

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Allan, Hazy, Alexie (pool Barman) Alykanas in ?
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 01:00:48 pm »
Hi Marie

Still waiting for a phone call, we know it's a boy & 99% certain he is being called MAX.
Tell your parents not to worry about toilet paper etc, it's the same for everyone, it doesn't smell & gets emptied every day.
It's Greece one pace slow, just go with the flow & enjoy.
Murdoch is going 1st 2 weeks in October & staying at the Grape Vines apts, as are Carol & I, in fact about 10/12 Alykanas Regulars staying there.

Allan (Hazy)
Max Lee at Alykanas Beach 03/07/2009

cathy

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 01:23:41 pm »
Sorry but I don't have any photos of the Letsos, but your parents wont be disappointed.

2384marie

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 09:00:41 pm »
Hi all,

Haven't been on for a while, just had to let you know our tickets have arrived today and we only have 3 weeks to go! i cant wait.  Anyone know how the weather is doing over there?  I can see it being warmer here at this rate with the weather we are getting! I am still v. excited thou! will let you all know what we thought and whether we found all the restaurants you have all suggested!

:D :D

Murdoch

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2007, 09:34:56 am »
Have a great time.

Hazy

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 10:16:05 am »
Hi Marie

Have a great time, & hope your parents enjoy it to.  Try different restaurants, there are so many good ones.  You shouldn't get much hassle (please come in here etc) but a polite no thank you, & your on your way.
If you make an effort with the locals they will respond & you can finish up with Greek friends for life.
I know you will enjoy Alykanas & look forward to your comments when you get back.
Take Care.

Allan (Hazy)

cathy

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 10:18:43 am »
I have it on good authority that the weather is warming up nicely (my daughter is out there).  The weather should be lovelly when you go but it may get a bit chilly at night, so take a cardi just in case.
Have a wonderful time, wish I was going too.
Cathy

2384marie

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 01:53:35 pm »
Thanks for all your comments and brilliant info on the resort guys i will ensure to come on and post a reply when we get back.   :)

2384marie

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 08:52:35 pm »
well we are now back from our fantastic week at Alykanas! :)

I can definitely say it was one of the best holidays i have had.  The resort is friendly, fun, laid back with the best restaurants around! I am gutted to be back and eating our bread again! Myself and Steve my partner were at the Valais which is a quiet beachfront family hotel, and our mum and dad were at the Letsos which is a bigger version of our hotel and is situated further along past greedy greek.  I have got to say the staff at the Letsos are fantastic and are very friendly and always there to help.  We spent every night in the hotel bar enjoying the many cocktails that they do and free shots! you can imagine we were pretty drunk most nights! and the value for money is unbelievable.

I can definitely say I will be looking to book again in the not too distant future, maybe this year again! we have had an invite to go olive picking with the family in October!

I am going to try and post a few photos on the website and reply to a few of the other posts as I feel I can contribute with experiencing myself. 

One of the days, (which was 37 degrees and having a heatwave by the way!) we walked the whole of the beach front and across the bridge to alykes and as you walk down to the harbour you will find buca bar and paporo.  buca bar has fantastic food and is great at night too as we came back in the evening for our meal at paporo and a cocktail in buca.  good night and anyone who says buca is garish has not seen it for themselves.  It is very tasteful with only a hint of pink with the chairs.  I think the glass floor with the cannon remains is brilliant.  As i say, photos have been taken so i will try to post these onto the website. 

hazy and murdoch, you were spot on with all your info - thanks!

marie
 :)

Hazy

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 12:18:56 am »
Hi Marie

Sounds like you are going to become one of the regulars, would think you will definitely go again.
So glad you all enjoyed Alykanas, knew you all would, there is something about the place i think you will agree, & aren't the locals so friendly.
What did you think of the Valais, were the rooms O K ?, great spot right on the beach.
Look forward to your photo's Marie.
Take Care.

Allan (Hazy)

cathy

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 08:48:35 am »
Hi Marie
So glad you had a good time.  Agree the family at the Letsos are great.
If you went along to Buca and Paporo you must have seen my daughter Vicki.  She would probably have been in Paporo with George.
Just over three weeks for us and I can't wait, although apparently the weather at the moment is awful, you definiately picked a good time to visit. 
Look forward to seeing your photos.
Cathy

Murdoch

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 08:20:06 pm »
Glad you had a good time.

2384marie

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 10:17:59 pm »
Hi Hazy, Cathy

Yes it was great.  The room wasnt that brilliant as it was pretty small, but the location was good.  I think I would be tempted to look into booking direct with the owners for an apartment as the food is so great there and so cheap its always worth eating out.  I am going to download some photos so you can have a look at the view from our hotel room.  The weather was brilliant apart from one day where there was rain.  I think we left the rain behind and brought the sun home as it is lovely here now!!

Hope you all are looking forward to your holidays i will be so jealous!

Yes I think i saw the owner and a girl did serve us our food so maybe that was Vicki? We would go back to Paporo for a meal it was excellent. 

2384marie

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 08:45:16 pm »
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s160/2384marie/

few pictures on photobucket of alykanas..